Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 week old Seltos Sport Plus.

I went to open it this morning and the keyless entry/smart key fob wasn't working at all. Mirrors normally unfold when they sense I am near with the key fob, but this didn't happen.
I tried the spare key fob and this didn't work either.

At first I thought maybe a flat battery, but I was able to start the car after gaining entry with the manual/mechanical key (and taking the housing off of the door handle), and then disabling the alarm by pressing the START button with the key fob.

Whilst driving an alarm went off for the 'Tyre Pressure Monitoring System', which after consulting the manual tells me there is a malfunction with the TPMS and to take directly to Kia workshop.

Once stopped, I can't lock or alarm the car with either of the key fobs as these still aren't being recognised.

Anyone experienced a fault like this?
Am thinking the transmitter for the fobs or the computer is playing up?

My local dealership say they can't get me into the workshop for many weeks.
I'm not sure if I should continue driving the car with the TPMS warning, and I certainly don't like the idea of having to manually lock it with no alarm over that period.

·
2021 Kia Seltos Ex Premium
36 Posts
I was unable to unlock my ex Premium with the fob and once inside the car it said there was no key. I was told to start the car by pressing the fob into the engine start button and it started. The dealership told me they would put new batteries in both fobs. Is there another dealership in your area you could go to?

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was unable to unlock my ex Premium with the fob and once inside the car it said there was no key. I was told to start the car by pressing the fob into the engine start button and it started. The dealership told me they would put new batteries in both fobs. Is there another dealership in your area you could go to?
Yep, that all sounds the same as me.

Did replacing batteries in both fobs fix the error? If so, I can do this myself.
Seems pretty unlikely to me that both batteries would go on the same day (given they are so new & one fob was stowed away in a drawer inside my house and never used)

And good idea - I will look at another dealer/service centre but I wonder if they would tell me I needed to go back to the dealer I purchased from.

·
2021 Kia Seltos Ex Premium
36 Posts
I'm going to get the batteries replaced today no charge. I'll update when done. I only got my car in December but the service department told me to bring both as the fob just sitting around can weaken as well.
I'm in Canada but here, under warranty, you can take your car to any dealership for service. If it's under warranty, they are paid directly from Kia so they should be happy to serve you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts