Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have too much time on my hands. Turned the "Synch Calendar" option 'on' in Account Info page of Kia Access app. It did start showing my Google Cal appts on the Dashboard / Calendar page. However, when you tap Calendar in the UVO screen on the car, you get a "Call xxxx to activate". I created a case as the 800 # call center is stumped... Wondered if anyone else fooled around with this? This is a newly updated Android 12 phone (see separate entry about having to grant additional permissions to get the app to work more than once on Android 12). Pix below - app and the car screen.... Maybe not the best use of my time, but I like things to work, if they are supposed to work!

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah...have 'Ultimate' (the same as the initial 'free' one) till next December. Everything else works fine (as long as I'm in an area with sufficient UVO modem strength, which my house does NOT have, unfortunately). You can check that in UVO / Modem Status - the strength needs to be around -70 or -80 I believe, not the -120 I have at my house.

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have an open case with them, which supposedly has resulted in a note to their "Tech Group" - wow! I even updated it this morning with pix showing that it didn't work even when I had great UVO modem reception - that has been a problem with other things in my area. Haven't had a lot of success with cases but after my last case about the "Valet" mode resulting in the same kind of message - all of a sudden it started working. Who knows... They aren't the best with this stuff, unfortunately.

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'd never guess what popped up totally unexpected on my car yesterday - the calendar stuff!

If it's on the right side as a small screen you get three subscreens - today's calendar entries, tomorrow's entries and a month calendar for the current month (nothing else can be done on that screen it appears. If its on the left main screen, you only see today and tomorrow....! So, like Valet mode not working on my car, maybe putting in a case works - although on both Valet and Calendar, they don't tell you anything if they are doing something on the back end....! DT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.