Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been using this "service" for almost 2 years. They email me to notify my credit card number is no longer valid, which is correct because I switched credit cards. Simple Fix right? NO! It's IMPOSSIBLE to contact KIA "DISCONNECT"! I've waited 2 hours with constant stupid music. I've tried at least 5 times and there doesn't seem to be a way to contact them. I called my dealer and they have the same issues!
Does anyone have any recommendations?

2023 EX
54 Posts
Yeah, not good. I saw a post on FB where someone took 2 1/2 hours to get a “live” person. She was going to give up but wanted to see how long it would take in order to post back to the group. Sadly, customer “no” service has become routine for many companies, not just KIA.

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, not good. I saw a post on FB where someone took 2 1/2 hours to get a “live” person. She was going to give up but wanted to see how long it would take in order to post back to the group. Sadly, customer “no” service has become routine for many companies, not just KIA.
I think it's time to leave Earth

4 Posts
So I've been using this "service" for almost 2 years. They email me to notify my credit card number is no longer valid, which is correct because I switched credit cards. Simple Fix right? NO! It's IMPOSSIBLE to contact KIA "DISCONNECT"! I've waited 2 hours with constant stupid music. I've tried at least 5 times and there doesn't seem to be a way to contact them. I called my dealer and they have the same issues!
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
Like Kristine says, it should be possible to change your payment details online, which is probably why they have such a long wait on music on hold..? Too few staff, and assumption most folk will deal with them online. Are you sure you are logged in fully..? Maybe try the 'change password' tactic - or 'lost my password' if the above fails..? Maybe Kristine could come back on, and describe clearly how and where on the website she got that crucial access..?
Obviously, as she did it, it must be there somewhere. Kristine..?

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes logged in fully. I'm very up on PC and internet tech. I've tried to find the payment portion on the website but to no avail. I can't get to the section that I can change payment. USELESS

332 Posts
owners.kia.com - login and select your vehicle. Scroll way down on left side to Kia Conn Subscription. This shows you what you're getting for your money now and when it expires. Click on Update Package and it will show you the options to change to, which you can do immediately. Last week I 'downgraded' to the "Plus" backage and it quickly sent a refund to my credit card.... Worked well. I found out that you don't need any of these packages to simply use the downloaded maps on the nav system. And you can change the pkg at any time, like I did. ALSO, USING THE OPTION TO "PRESS 1 AND WE'LL CALL YOU BACK" WORKED FOR ME LAST WEEK AS WELL IF YOU HAVE TO TALK TO THEM. DT (The only thing I wish the Plus pkg has is the 'send address to car' - that comes in handy for me but not worth $50).

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dougt, You're the Man!! Thank you. I tried so many times to find this. They should make this easier to get to. I've corrected the problem, totally thanks to you. No Help from KIA!
Happy Holidays!

332 Posts
Nice - purchased mine here in the US - 1 yr Ultimate, then I got a 30% discount for year two, but no more such luck. Interesting that the list of items in your Ultimate is quite different than where items are in the US list. One thing I don't see in your Ultimate list - Stolen Vehicle Recovery. From what the rep told me, if your car is stolen you could 1) go online and upgrade to Ultimate, 2) get the police report 3) call Kia to make use of the stolen car feature. Also weird that surround view would be on a 'pay for' list (I know our Selti don't have that....).

2023 KIA Seltos SX
208 Posts
In Canada with you Speed, I've got three years Ultimate as well. I still think KIA Connect is dumb. So many questions.

The more I'm looking at this the more I'm realizing that unexpected features I like are actually pay features. And it's making me A) Angry and B) A whole lot less enthused with my purchase. That being said I'm sure it's the same with all the manufacturers.

Speed Alert
Speed Camera Alert

On my favorite features list and they're behind a pay wall.

What really burns my butt is I'm PAYING for these features and yet MapClowns can't get the speeds right on even the most traveled roads in my area. So I'm essentially paying for bad data.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts