Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
169 Posts
Called Mapnsoft and they said something about the server being down for at least the Seltos updates...asking users to try back after 5/13/22...... Get this screen. Maybe they are fixing the problem noted above...?

View attachment 1294
Well, they Hyundai and KIA probably share the same server because I have a 2022 Hyundai and tried to download he April 2022 update but got the same "Download for this vehicle is not yet available"! There is a big problem with their system! I have suggested to KIA customer care department that their Navigation system should be a separate entity which only uses the main display unit to project the Navigation system's map. AND updates to navigation should be separate from the maind display unit's UI updates. Like other vehicle manufacturers, navigation is farmed out to Garmin, etc. which are SD card based system. As I have probably mentioned on other threads, I don't use KIA nav because it can only accept 2 waypoints! I use my old school Garmin Nuvi because it can accept all gas/rest-area/hotel stops as waypoints on my 1,780 mile one-way trip and back.

·
169 Posts
Is there a thread on the horrible radio display screen is because I have been laughing at how not user friendly it is for some time now.

Also, I dont want to install an update to fix an aesthetic issue only to have some larger issue pop up, like that other person said half of the screen not showing up...
Plus KIA Navigation System is pathetic. I use my old school Garmin Nuvi.

·
169 Posts
…The bigger issue for me is, once you have a waypoint entered and it doesn't record that you got there or you want to delete, it's confusing how to delete it - you have begin adding another waypoint (I think) to get to the waypoint screen, then double tap on the waypoint you want to delete and a small menu pops up to let you delete it. That is confusing for the old man. Otherwise, it meets our needs fine and I like how you can use the tuning knob to zoom in/out. Other than that, 5 Hour Energy really helped on this trip. P.S. I have top of line Kia subscription but HD Data Fuel Prices and Weather did not work anywhere on this rather remote trip (WY, MT, WA) - just "no data received" or something similar (Gas Buddy and our 9 News Weather app with radar (for the whole world) fills that need.
This pathetic nav system does not auto-delete waypoints after you are done or drove past it. One time I decided not to stop at the first way point and it kept telling me to make a u-turn. I had to slow down and delete it on the display ‘cause I don’t know how delete using voice control. Oh another pathetic system is the KIA voice command system!
And oh, before I go on a long trip, I always plan my route, entering (on my Garmin) all the gas stations, rest areas, etc. up to my final destination, estimating distance between each waypoint with 300 miles. I do this before the start of my trip - this way, I will have all the stops set. Oh, I punch the final destination on the pathetic KIA Nav system.

·
169 Posts
At least you figured out how to delete the waypoint. My experience is that if you do genuinely reach a waypoint, according to what the navigation thinks, it will delete it and go on to the next one. However, many times it doesn't realize that you are at the waypoint. That's my experience. Also one time on this trip we got a long message saying that we had passed the waypoint and did do we want to continue to the destination. That seemed kind of helpful but like you other times it was wanting me to do a U-turn to go to the waypoint even though we had basically been there.
That’s why I use my trusted Garmin Nuvi for true routing of my long trips.

·
169 Posts
KIA/Hyundai is very stupid in that they have decided to integrate the Navigation system with the Vehicle's Infotainment system. Other car manufacturers, like Mazda, have their Navigation system as a separate entity which only projects into the vehicle's display the Navigation. Their navigation system can be updated separately by bringing the media (Mazda on a SD card) to a PC and update it there. I have sent a complaint email last year to KIA about this and they still have it integrated and now it takes more time to update. I think last year, it took less than 1 hour, if I'm not mistaken.

What has changed to the Navigation? Can you add more than 2 waypoints now? Does it automatically delete expired waypoints?????

1 hr and 17 minutes to update while the engine is running? Will the communist government allow this? Burning fossil fuel for that amount of time? Even truckers now are discouraged to keep their rig running while stopped at truck stops!

And oh, my 32GB USB drive that I used twice for last year’s updates cannot be used anymore! I have buy a 64GB drive. They better put the navigation fixes that I have asked from them on my complaint: more than 2 waypoints, auto delete of expired and/or past waypoints, etc., etc. Also, they better improve the voice command system, by putting more AI like Siri or Google assistant. KIA/Hyundai is trying to re-invent the wheel doin their own integrated navigation.

·
169 Posts
I put my car on a battery tender/charger with car not running but in accessory mode. Then just wait. It says not to do this I think, but it worked fine. Going to try it again for this new update. Anxious to get rid of those stupid radio tubes!
Has anyone done this? Because running the engine idling for 1 hr and 17 min is against the communist Green New Deal. The GND police might arrest me for doing so. Has KIA/Hyundai thought of this? I have a 2022 Hyundai without tge flawed navigation system and it only took 16 minutes to install the April-2022 update. So the biggest bulk of this is the navigation system???

·
169 Posts
I sent a complaint to KIA (https://ksupport.kiausa.com/ConsumerAffairs/) about the increase in USB size and the bad 1 hour plus update that requires the waste of expensive gas. I also asked if they can confirm to me via email if it is okay to update my SXT on Accessory while the battery is on charger/maintainer. Well, they categorize my complaint as a "design concern". Here is the reply:

Dear --------,
Thank you for your recent design concern. We appreciates that you have taken the time to let us know about your design concern. "We take complaints very seriously. Your feedback will be documented and forwarded to the appropriate personnel."

Sincerely,
Kia America

I hope the "appropriate personnel" will email me to confirm to go ahead and use a battery charger/maintainer to update my SXT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts