Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
42 Posts
Somebody who got it to work, what are the changes? All they say is updates to Wireless CarPlay. Anything else?
Also, are the map updates separate? I see those up there too, very confusing.

·
42 Posts
I put my car on a battery tender/charger with car not running but in accessory mode. Then just wait. It says not to do this I think, but it worked fine. Going to try it again for this new update. Anxious to get rid of those stupid radio tubes!

·
42 Posts
I was able to do it, but finally saw a "files corrupt" message after 45 minutes. I am redoing the USB in case it was me, very weird. All this while the hood is raised in my garage with the charger on the battery. You will not drain the battery this way.

There is a trick, and I had to play a bit. The radio has to be manually turned on and in accessory mode, otherwise it will shut off after a brief period. So make sure the display says "Accessory" and the radio has been turned off and then on while on the tender. Do not just drive the car and shut it off with the radio still on because the radio will shutoff. Kind of tricky thing. Then with the USB in, start the update but hit the option to do it background. This way you will be able to see the progress, it won't blank out the screen if you do it as "immediate". May take longer, but you can tell that it's progressing.

·
42 Posts
The option to 'Update After Vehicle is Turned Off' is what has me intrigued.

One: I wonder why it's greyed out.
Two: If the car is capable of Updating in an unpowered state why the concern for the battery draining.
No, you need the battery tender or it will drain the battery. I keep getting a “files
are missing or corrupted” after an hour of validating. I did it this way before,
but saw somebody else say they also got this message.

I could never get it to update with the after shutoff option, which I wonder about too.

·
42 Posts
Update - Finally got the audio/nav update on my 22 SX Turbo installed. What a PITA...very flakey process.

But using the same 64GB USB that had shown the "Validation Error". I did not recreate the USB. But it does not work when you pick either "Update in Background" or "When the car is shut off" - neither worked. Have to do "Update Now" and the display shows some progress. Took about 1.5hrs, but worked.

Those annoying tubes are gone finally.

All this while on the battery tender, car was not running. Can't afford to waste gas these days.
This is the charger I have. Well worth owning one of these that handles all battery types, especially AGM batteries.
Works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts