Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I follow the Brantford KIA on YT and I took a snippet of the video where Peter mentioned the KIA’s next software update will introduce wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. I just hope it will be in the Seltos update too. Note that the 2021 KIA Rio has wireless AC and AA!

I will post the video later as I don’t know how to attach it from my iPad.

Well, here’s the YouTube link, I don’t know how to attach the snippet I took from the video. Advance it to the 25+ minutes and you will hear him mention it. Oh yeah, Brantford KIA is in Canada. KIA seems to treat US market differently. Seltos SX Turbo in the US does not offer ventilated seats and heated steering wheel but it is available (I am not sure if these are standard or option) in Canada!

·
8 Posts
Seltos SX Turbo in the US does not offer ventilated seats and heated steering wheel but it is available (I am not sure if these are standard or option) in Canada!
Yeah, I know, and its not a Kia thing, all the manufacturers make you spend a FORTUNE if you want ventilated seats or 360o cameras it seems, two things I really want. Only exception with the camera is the Nissan Kicks but even then you have to get fully loaded top trim with a premium package to boot.

BTW, on youtube go to "share video" button, then on the bottom tick "start at" and if you're already paused at the section you want it to start, it'll put that timestamp in the link so whoever clicks it it starts where you want it to.

·
8 Posts
it might be because of the infotainment system the trim level S has. The SX (10 1/4" screen) does not have wireless apple car play.
I can confirm our salesman informed us that the base screen has wireless AA/CP, but the 10.25" did not but "was coming". Why they didn't just offer it at release I have no idea. shrugs

·
80 Posts
Will believe it when I see it... Apparently there is a map/sw update coming out this month or May....

·
3 Posts
Map/SW update is scheduled for April 15th.

View attachment 763
Hello Lee, how will this software be updated? Anything have to be done on my end? Also, the image you have here, is it just from having a Kia account; which I do have but get no emails from them. I have the Bright Yellow SX Seltos here in AZ. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
2021 Seltos SX Turbo Gravity Grey
17 Posts
You can register on-line: Mapcare | Home page.

Software update in the past was by a free download that you need to copy to a USB stick and then install in your car. Installation guides are always provided.

·
3 Posts
Hope this update makes it Down Under...I really dislike the update KIA Australia did back in November...The home screen is utterly useless atm and AA still only uses 2/3 of the screen :rolleyes:

·
80 Posts
Here is a new video from the bearded tech Guy about using Wireless Android auto in conjunction with a dongle since we don't know when the 10 and a quarter inch screens will get Wireless Android auto. He references a list of cars that this works on but it is not all inclusive. Don't see why it wouldn't work on the seltos. Looks like he is testing it on it on a telluride.

·
80 Posts
Let us know how it works! May be better than what Kia comes up with, even if they do extended it to the 10 1/4" screens....!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts