Kia Seltos Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
just wonder if this will work for to get update. type in your browser "update. kia. com"
Yes, that works. I downloaded the updater from update.kia.com. Then the updater downloaded the Apr-2021 map and software update files. After the download, a minimum of 32Gig USB drive is needed to copy the files to the USB.

I haven’t installed the update to my SXT yet. I’m concerned that it may mess up the color scheme of my 10-1/4“ display.

·
13 Posts
Yes, that works. I downloaded the updater from update.kia.com. Then the updater downloaded the Apr-2021 map and software update files. After the download, a minimum of 32Gig USB drive is needed to copy the files to the USB.

I haven’t installed the update to my SXT yet. I’m concerned that it may mess up the color scheme of my 10-1/4“ display.
Perfect.. I am glad that worked for you. Upde in the car.... well, this is just a color but you getting extra functionality and latest maps. choice is yours 😊

·
1 Posts
I'm in new zealand with a 2021 kia seltos (ten inch screen model). Got the latest update in july and still no wireless car play :(

·
9 Posts
I just did a post about this about a small like device that plugs into your USB port called "AAwireless". It stays logged in all the time. And when the car starts makes a simple Bluetooth and then wifi connection to your phone. So far it's worked almost flawlessly. Once or twice I've had it restart, but it picks right backup where it left off in my navigation.

·
22 Posts
Also, for the Aussie Kia folks May update is showing finally
As per usual, the May update takes away more than it gives. Now it's no longer possible to change the colour or size of the speedo display in the HUD. Mapnsoft claim that is due to instructions from Kia. However, they left the option still there - if you try to use it, you get a system error!

Also, I'm not sure if this behaviour existed pre-May update... I have my screen split two thirds map, one third clock. As soon as a proximity detector goes off (like a pedestrian walking in front while I'm stopped at a red light), it flicks to three thirds map and never comes back. I have asked the Mapnsoft propellor-heads if this is by design - no reply yet.

·
10 Posts
As per usual, the May update takes away more than it gives. Now it's no longer possible to change the colour or size of the speedo display in the HUD. Mapnsoft claim that is due to instructions from Kia. However, they left the option still there - if you try to use it, you get a system error!

Also, I'm not sure if this behaviour existed pre-May update... I have my screen split two thirds map, one third clock. As soon as a proximity detector goes off (like a pedestrian walking in front while I'm stopped at a red light), it flicks to three thirds map and never comes back. I have asked the Mapnsoft propellor-heads if this is by design - no reply yet.
facepalm oh ffs

Thanks for trying to get some sense out of them...we shan't hold our collective breath though, huh?

·
10 Posts
well, seems the update added bugger all and as said above only seems to have taken away options, again.

·
22 Posts
well, seems the update added bugger all and as said above only seems to have taken away options, again.
Well, at least they are predictable!

Try this for me - I can't recall if this "feature" existed in the last version...

I have my screen split two thirds map, one third clock. Turn ignition off. Turn ignition on. Now it's split two thirds map, one third map.

·
10 Posts
Well, at least they are predictable!

Try this for me - I can't recall if this "feature" existed in the last version...

I have my screen split two thirds map, one third clock. Turn ignition off. Turn ignition on. Now it's split two thirds map, one third map.
I do recall seeing that at some point and thought it stupid. but that was back 2 versions of the software so not a recent feature that I am aware of.

·
1 Posts
I believe wireless android auto is only available on base spec vehicles because they don't have in built navigation capability.

Higher spec vehicles do, and Kia did not want to make AA the default map system so it was disabled.

Why can't they all play nice, let the user decide what they'd prefer...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts