Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just had Kia call me this morning to tell me they have to replace the transmission after my car has already been in the shop for two weeks. Has anyone else had this experience? Has your car been reliable after the transmission was replaced? I am worried this is going to be a yearly occurrence. Has anyone been able to get their car refunded with either the lemon law or a forced buyback by the dealer? I am worried that I will have a new car that I do not trust to start and shift gears correctly.

·
205 Posts
That sucks...I am sorry to hear that. However, you're getting a 'new' transmission and some kind of warranty, I'm sure, and I would hope for the best.

Can you tell us the symptoms that you were experiencing? Thx. DT

·
2 Posts
Hey everyone. I just had Kia call me this morning to tell me they have to replace the transmission after my car has already been in the shop for two weeks. Has anyone else had this experience? Has your car been reliable after the transmission was replaced? I am worried this is going to be a yearly occurrence. Has anyone been able to get their car refunded with either the lemon law or a forced buyback by the dealer? I am worried that I will have a new car that I do not trust to start and shift gears correctly.
I wouldn't be too worried about it - these things happen and doesn't seem to be a common occurence on these cars. I'm willing to bet the 1.6T+DCT powerplant is shared by a few of their cars. Just ensure that you are still covered until the 10yr / 100K and keep driving. Just keep your receipts in case issues arise after the warranty period is over.

·
36 Posts
I think you’ve just unfortunately got a bad one. These transmissions (and engine combo) have been around for 6+ years and have been used in many vehicles shared by Hyundai / Kia - and generally have not been problematic.

It sucks. But I wouldn’t worry about it. You’re getting new installed. And warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts