Kia Seltos Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
80 Posts
Good luck with Amazon trying to get one replaced under warranty.I walk into my shop and they install a new one and away I go.I would pay the extra 17.00 per bulb anytime to have that type of service.
That's nice you have a local shop you can go to. For many others they would be difficult to purchase(their online store locator doesn't even work),the best Canadian online store I could find wants $250.00 .

·
202 Posts
Try my store in Saint John N.B.It is called Kustom Auto Sound.Look them up on Facebook.They will probably ship you a set or tell you where you could get a better price.

·
80 Posts
Try my store in Saint John N.B.It is called Kustom Auto Sound.Look them up on Facebook.They will probably ship you a set or tell you where you could get a better price.
I have an SX so no need for upgrade, the problem is ODX may be a great conversion, but availability for our NA forum members might be an issue.

·
4 Posts
Does anyone know if that voiding warranty comment by putting in LEDs is fact? I would hate to void my entire warranty over a few light bulbs.

·
19 Posts
I changed my fogs and headlights to led using the ODX brand.The fogs are 9006 and the headlights are 9005 projector.The ODX lights have a solid lifetime warranty and they are one of a very few companies that sell specific bulbs for projector headlights.The projector headlights DO take a Projector bulb which they are designed to do.I did try several regular led bulbs from Amazon and they were a waste of time as the beam from them was scattered meaning dark and light spots in the beam in front of you.and no very efficient.Both the fog and the headlight bulbs from ODX are some of the very best on the market.They call their headlight bulbs PROJEKTOR.The difference in a projector bulds is that they have only one led panel which reflects light off of the top half of the lens.When you activate the high beams a small shudder opens and lets light reflect off of the entire perimeter of the lens.Imagine a two or 4 sided led panelled led bulb trying to reflect light off of a single reflector on the top half of the projector would look like,completely scattered.Most of the Amazon bulbs are designed for the reflector beam headlight buckets.I live in Canada and the prices I paid were 100.00 for the fogs and 170.00 for the headlights but they are well worth it compared to the Amazon crap.Look them up on youtube and they will show you a comparison video.FYI the stock halogens,I found threw a better beam than the amazon leds but not as white.Also a very important note is the the ODX lights are specifically designed not to blind oncoming traffic as I have never been flashed even once.To each his own but given the accurate info I provided you,It's your choice.By the way I do not work for ODX,LOL.
I tried finding them on ebay and couldn't find them. Was it easy to replace the foglights lights? I saw one video on YouTube that for changing the headlights lights they had to tear the fender guard. Did you have to do that or is there another way? I would love a video on how to do it.

·
19 Posts
Does anyone know if that voiding warranty comment by putting in LEDs is fact? I would hate to void my entire warranty over a few light bulbs.
If you are taking your car for something electric to the dealer just put back the oem lights. That's what i did for my 2018 Kia Rio Hatchback wish the radio stopped working so I took everything out and when they replace the radio (took more than 3 months) i put all leds back.

·
4 Posts
I tried finding them on ebay and couldn't find them. Was it easy to replace the foglights lights? I saw one video on YouTube that for changing the headlights lights they had to tear the fender guard. Did you have to do that or is there another way? I would love a video on how to do it.
The easiest way on to switch-out the driver side headlamp bulb is through the fender. So you might as well do the foglamps at the same time. And try Amazon; I was able to find a package of the headlights and foglights for $60 CAD. And they look awesome for the price.

·
1 Posts
Just bought a White 2021 S with the same headlights. Any special tips for installing the LED's, I can barely get my hand to the current haloges (Can't even figure out how to remove them); seems almost impossible to access the fog lights.

How did you get to the lamps and get the old bulbs out?

Please advise,

Hello,

I am looking to replace the OEM fog lights and headlights to LED. I heard that we are supposed to use 9006 for the fog lights, can someone link the best brand that I can find on amazon. I don't really understand the different styles of sizes, all I heard was that I should look up 9006.
Has anyone replaced their fog lights to LED? PLEASE POST PICS

·
40 Posts
Just bought a White 2021 S with the same headlights. Any special tips for installing the LED's, I can barely get my hand to the current haloges (Can't even figure out how to remove them); seems almost impossible to access the fog lights.

How did you get to the lamps and get the old bulbs out?

Please advise,
Look at my thread here, you will have to access the bulbs from the fender well. Not hard, only remove a few plastic keepers.

You remove the bulbs by turning to the left a 1/4 turn.

I was able to change out the headlights from the engine bay, with my daughter's skinny hands to help.

·
202 Posts
I changed the passenger side bulb from the engine bay.The one on the drivers side,I had to pull back the inner fender lining and accessed the bulb at the top.The fender lining has those push pins that you pop out.While you have it pulled back you can access the fog lights at the bottom.If your hands are too big for the passenger side bulb you can do the same as the driver's side.

·
16 Posts
I changed the passenger side bulb from the engine bay.The one on the drivers side,I had to pull back the inner fender lining and accessed the bulb at the top.The fender lining has those push pins that you pop out.While you have it pulled back you can access the fog lights at the bottom.If your hands are too big for the passenger side bulb you can do the same as the driver's side.
Can you point to a video showing this. I thought I had small hands but the drivers side is ridiculous!

·
202 Posts
There is no video and it is not impossible.You have to pull the fender lining down as much as possible.Make sure you pop the pins on the bottom directly below the fog lights.I also popped the screw on clip in the center at the back and towards the front of the strut.I also have small hands but take your time and with patience you can do it.I would say it is an 8 as far as the degree of difficulty.

·
40 Posts
I could get the driver's side bulb out, but just couldn't get it back in (from the engine bay) My daughter has very slender hands, but still took her several minutes to get it in.
If it's not working, just do as suggested, turn the wheel and remove the fender liner, only takes a few minutes.

·
2021 Neptune Blue Kia Seltos S AWD
10 Posts
Looking to upgrade my 2021 Neptune Blue Seltos S AWD. Has anyone just tried removing the headlight assembly? I know on my niece's Ford Fiesta there was literally 2 bolts holding the light in. Also about the warranty, will it be void if I go LED or not?

·
202 Posts
I replaced mine with LED and no it will not void the warranty,why would it as it's just a light bulb.Removing the headlight will be a big job.I removed the screws I could see but I think it must be held with a few clips.i didn't go any further as I didn't want to ruin it.Look at the earlier post on this subject as it explains how to do it.

·
2021 Neptune Blue Kia Seltos S AWD
10 Posts
I have ordered 9005 and 9006 LED bulbs and will probably install next weekend. Excited to replace as the stock with the LED strip from the DRL look horrible. Bright white with dirty yellow. I don't know what Kia was thinking.

·
202 Posts
Kia is not the only company.I have seen different manufacturers with led headlights and halogen fogs.And yes it does make you shake your head.I also have all led in front.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts