Kia Seltos Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
2021 Neptune Blue Kia Seltos S AWD
13 Posts
Installed the bulbs today only to find the 9005 didn't fit. Quick trip to Walmart and I picked up the silverstar 9005 for a temp hold over. The 9005 have a freaking tab at the bottom that shouldn't be there. Only thing I can think of is maybe that tab is part of the HB3 spec as it's a combo 9005/HB3 light. Will post everything I bought and pictures tonight.

·
236 Posts
Mine are the same.They are not supposed to be even.The driver side bulb will be aimed a bit lower which of course will make the passenger side higher.There is an adjuster at the rear of the housing that will adjust the height of the bulb but I have never found one that will adjust side to side.You don't notice the alignment as much if at all with the halogen bulbs because there is more projection of the beam.

·
2021 Neptune Blue Kia Seltos S AWD
13 Posts
Attaching photo

Running the sliverstars in the headlights and SEALIGHT 9006/HB4 LED Fog Light Bulbs. They not really bright but the white is very close to the LED strip. I'm thinking also the light is being washed out by the headlights. The 9005 I posted earlier are listed below. Don't waste you money on either of these bulbs.

Honcs 9005/HB3 LED Bulbs

Sealight Fog Lights from Amazon

·
3 Posts
Okay, bought a set of 9005 and 9006 (for S trim) on Amazon - used Sealight brand, which doesn't have a barrier at the front of the LED module that usually causes the blackout spots. For $75 total, I'm really pleased - I didn't take a before/after picture, but when I was installing them I installed both on the left first, then turned the lights on to make sure the beam pattern matched the right. It was perfect, but brigher and crisper. End result as follows.

Attachments

·
(Order changed to '23 Sportage)
20 Posts
We are getting ready to order a new '22 Seltos LX and are debating whether to add the optional $300 fog lights (non LED, I believe???). I know the base LX has halogen headlights just like our '20 Soul LX and we are both fine with that. However, I was wondering if the optional Kia fog lights add much useful light, and are the fog lights able to be switched on/off or are they switched on/off with the headlights? Thank you.

·
236 Posts
I installed led bulbs in my fogs and they do add a subtle difference.The factory ones on mine can be turned off via a little switch on the arm.I cannot speak for the add ons.I would imagine they would be in sync with your headlights unless they add a switch on the dash.I guess it boils down to a question for the dealer.

·
236 Posts
The Seltos has what is called a projection lens and takes a single 9005 bulb.The way it works is when you have it on low beam there is a small shutter in the lens that is in the half open position which allows for your low beam to shine off a reflector housing.When you switch to high beam the shutter fully opens allowing full reflection for full high beams.

·
11 Posts
I had put Hikari Megatrons in the 2020 Soul headlights and fog lights. Both projector housings. Didn't really notice until we moved to a darker area that they didn't seem to reach that well. Put the stock halogens back in and there is a noticeable difference in throw distance. Also found this. YMMV.

Are LEDs Bright Enough For Projector Headlights?
Projector headlights have typically used halogen or HID bulbs since they were first introduced, so how do LEDs compare?
LED lights are up to 300% brighter than standard halogen headlights and around the same brightness level as HIDs. So LEDs are definitely bright enough to be used as projector lights.
However, LEDs are criticized for their inability to illuminate long distances. An LED headlight will have a very intense foreground beam but struggle to project further away, resulting in safety concerns.
Even with the new technology, low beam headlights don’t always provide enough forward seeing distance for the driver to react to an object in the road and stop in time. Jennifer Stockburger - Consumer Report
It’s easy to see why this is a downfall of your driving experience. At high speeds, this lack of projection means that LEDs can have potentially fatal consequences.

·
1 Posts
If you are taking your car for something electric to the dealer just put back the oem lights. That's what i did for my 2018 Kia Rio Hatchback wish the radio stopped working so I took everything out and when they replace the radio (took more than 3 months) i put all leds back.
If you are taking your car for something electric to the dealer just put back the oem lights. That's what i did for my 2018 Kia Rio Hatchback wish the radio stopped working so I took everything out and when they replace the radio (took more than 3 months) i put all leds back.
Does anyone know if that voiding warranty comment by putting in LEDs is fact? I would hate to void my entire warranty over a few light bulbs.
I'm not sure that it's legal in the US to replace the standard bulbs with LED's on the headlights. Fog lights shouldn't be a problem.

·
236 Posts
Led bulbs will not damage your wiring and will not void your warranty.I've had mine several times to the dealer and they said nothing about it.As far as illegal they are not in Canada as long as you have the correct bulb that's not aimed too high and have too much splatter.They make bulbs specifically for the projection lens and you wouldn't have a problem with them.

·
1 Posts
I changed my fogs and headlights to led using the ODX brand.The fogs are 9006 and the headlights are 9005 projector.The ODX lights have a solid lifetime warranty and they are one of a very few companies that sell specific bulbs for projector headlights.The projector headlights DO take a Projector bulb which they are designed to do.I did try several regular led bulbs from Amazon and they were a waste of time as the beam from them was scattered meaning dark and light spots in the beam in front of you.and no very efficient.Both the fog and the headlight bulbs from ODX are some of the very best on the market.They call their headlight bulbs PROJEKTOR.The difference in a projector bulds is that they have only one led panel which reflects light off of the top half of the lens.When you activate the high beams a small shudder opens and lets light reflect off of the entire perimeter of the lens.Imagine a two or 4 sided led panelled led bulb trying to reflect light off of a single reflector on the top half of the projector would look like,completely scattered.Most of the Amazon bulbs are designed for the reflector beam headlight buckets.I live in Canada and the prices I paid were 100.00 for the fogs and 170.00 for the headlights but they are well worth it compared to the Amazon crap.Look them up on youtube and they will show you a comparison video.FYI the stock halogens,I found threw a better beam than the amazon leds but not as white.Also a very important note is the the ODX lights are specifically designed not to blind oncoming traffic as I have never been flashed even once.To each his own but given the accurate info I provided you,It's your choice.By the way I do not work for ODX,LOL.
THANK YOU! I'll be following your advice. Best Regards!

·
1 Posts
I changed my fogs and headlights to led using the ODX brand.The fogs are 9006 and the headlights are 9005 projector.The ODX lights have a solid lifetime warranty and they are one of a very few companies that sell specific bulbs for projector headlights.The projector headlights DO take a Projector bulb which they are designed to do.I did try several regular led bulbs from Amazon and they were a waste of time as the beam from them was scattered meaning dark and light spots in the beam in front of you.and no very efficient.Both the fog and the headlight bulbs from ODX are some of the very best on the market.They call their headlight bulbs PROJEKTOR.The difference in a projector bulds is that they have only one led panel which reflects light off of the top half of the lens.When you activate the high beams a small shudder opens and lets light reflect off of the entire perimeter of the lens.Imagine a two or 4 sided led panelled led bulb trying to reflect light off of a single reflector on the top half of the projector would look like,completely scattered.Most of the Amazon bulbs are designed for the reflector beam headlight buckets.I live in Canada and the prices I paid were 100.00 for the fogs and 170.00 for the headlights but they are well worth it compared to the Amazon crap.Look them up on youtube and they will show you a comparison video.FYI the stock halogens,I found threw a better beam than the amazon leds but not as white.Also a very important note is the the ODX lights are specifically designed not to blind oncoming traffic as I have never been flashed even once.To each his own but given the accurate info I provided you,It's your choice.By the way I do not work for ODX,LOL.
Can you show some pictures of how you unscrew the fog light bulbs off ( or describe in detail)? Pleas and thank you.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts