Kia Seltos Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
228 Posts
You have to turn them to the left or right.One way or another.While doing so pull a little towards you.The base of the bulb has three prongs on it that line up with the slots on the retainer on the housing.

·
3 Posts
Are all these LED references 6000k?
I bought the Sealight X2 9005 (headlight) and 9006 (fog light), as mentioned here, off of eBay. Also previously mentioned, the passenger side headlight/fog lights were easy to replace and plenty of room to put the excess cordage. I took off the lower to higher 4 push pins and the one screw at the top of the wheel well. Turned both headlights counter clockwise and both came out easily. Replaced & moved to the drivers side. This was the same challenge level with removing the same 4 push pins and screws on the DS. I did notice I had to disconnect the wiring first so I could turn it past a post that is there.
I:
Took off the fuse box top.
Reached under, up and through the plastic well with my right hand, while reaching down with my left to coordinate taking the rear cap off.
Reached in and turned the halogen light to the left.
Pulled out and disconnected.
Painfully put the LED light- & turned to the right.
Reconnected the wires.
Tucked in and used same method to turn the rear cap.
Looks great!!!’
NOTE!!: after getting the bulbs in and secured via twisting and before tucking the wires in/ capping, turn the headlights on against a wall/garage/ large paper, to make sure the bulbs are in the 9 & 3 positions. I didn’t do this and got lucky with the passenger side, but not the DS (my luck) where it was in 12-6. I had to redo the process the next night to get it corrected & the hands took another beating. Overall, I spent over hour the first night and 20 minutes on the second. Take your time and be patient. Not sure how this was a good idea from Kia and hoping I do t have to replace any bulbs any soon.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts