Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an issue of the bluetooth constantly dropping out when carplay and maps is on?

Mine seems to drop every 2-5mins and have to reconnect carplay. I have tried multiple phones.

·
137 Posts
I had symptoms below and I researched and took these actions - the 'problem connecting - xxx' message appears to have been fixed. I have not done the "last option" below...not sure what that will do!

2/3/21: After Android 11 - re-paired both phones (ensure that you are allowing access to Messages - watch out for separate prompt) - but while watching phone, getting 'problem connecting - turn device off and back on' Bluetooth message on the phone ?? Rebooted phone, no help. On phone: Settings/Connection Pref/turned BT off/on . Tried deleting BT cache and storage….try again. Then try this more thorough 'cleaning':
• Cleanup phone: Turn BT off on phone; delete BT cache and storage on phone; Settings / System / Advanced / Reset / Reset Wifi…Bluetooth.
• Then reconnect phone to home Wifi. Leave BT off for now.
• In car, choose the correct driver profile for phone you're going to connect.
• Move car away from home wifi so it's not connected to home wifi. Use Device Connections in car to remove all phone connections entries (press hold Delete button, then mark and Delete).
• Then shut off car for a minute / open door to ensure they are deleted.
Turn BT on on phone.
• Change name of phone in the BT section! ("Mi A3 Doug", etc.) Re-pair one phone at a time as normal and ensure you allow access to messages via separate prompt - on phone. On the car it should show the phone headset and music icons for the phone. Wait for the "contacts downloaded" message.
• On phone, change "Kia Motors" BT name to "Kia Seltos".
• Can turn car off / open door; car back on an ensure car connects with correctly named phone. Examine the BT screen on the phone for the car connection - should stay just plain "Active"! (no "problem connecting….").
• Test with voice command "Send Message to…", "Call xxx", and try playing BT music.
Last option would be to reset the head unit - press the tiny button for a couple seconds….

Attachments

·
1 Posts
Anyone have an issue of the bluetooth constantly dropping out when carplay and maps is on?

Mine seems to drop every 2-5mins and have to reconnect carplay. I have tried multiple phones.
How are you connecting to CarPlay? I just got a new Kia Seltos and my iPhone 12 Pro is not connecting via Bluetooth to CarPlay, I need to connect it using the USB cable. I know it’s something with my phone because my sister has the same car but she has the iPhone XS, she is connecting to her CarPlay using only Bluetooth without problem. Is anybody else having the same problem by any chance?

·
1 Posts

Yes! After about 15 minutes the joy of dropping begins.. I have done everything I can on my end.. ow I am literally in the dealership waiting room hoping they will fix it

·
137 Posts
Hope they replace it - let us know. With by 2016 Soul it had a similar problem with Sirius not remember the pre-sets or something - they replaced the whole head unit. Sorry the steps above didn't help... I don't use BT that much, having the nav in mine, but when I do switch to BT music it seems to work OK. Aggravating...............

·
2 Posts

YES!!!! It is driving me nuts. Taken me visits to the workshop and they can't fix it and I have tried everything as well. Not happy, a new car and I can't use the function "connect and use Google Assist" Isn't what I paid for. Radio drops out and so does the phone. Rings through my phone 1 call and then through the car another within a space of 15 minutes and nothing changed. I asked if 1st car user using Apple phone and 2nd user using Android the problem but they say no. I didn't buy a new car to not have things work and expected to accept it.

·
137 Posts
I mentioned this above, but it may help so I wanted to spell it out in greater detail. These are the steps on Android 11. I just did the whole thing myself as it's good maintenance in any case. Please try this or the equivalent on iOS on your phone - it may help!

Cleanup Bluetooth - Android 11:

- Turn BT off on phone (Settings / Connected Devices / Connection Preferences / Bluetooth / turn off)

- Delete BT cache (Settings / Apps & Notifications / See All xxx Apps / top right three dots - Show System / Bluetooth / Storage & Cache / Clear Cache and Clear Storage)

- Reset Wifi (Settings / System / Advanced / Reset Options / Reset Wifi, Mobile & Bluetooth)

- You will need to re-connect to Wifi (Settings / Network & Internet) and turn Bluetooth back on (Settings / Connected Devices / Connection Preferences / Bluetooth / turn on). You will need to repair your Bluetooth devices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts