Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST purchased a 2021 Seltos S. Love it! One problem. I turn off vehicle, exit car, the car will not lock using the inside door lock / unlock switch. Only the FOB will lock the car. Very bizarre. While driving, the lock unlock switch inside car works fine. Turn car off and exit car only the FOB can lock the car. No fobs are inside car, just one in my hand. Very weird. Anyone know of this issue? Have a service appointment scheduled was just wondering if anyone knows this to be a thing for the Seltos.

Thanks!

·
4 Posts
I've only had my Seltos a handful of hours and I noticed the same thing. I think it might be really aggressive protection from locking a key inside the car. I haven't tried to leave it unlocked, walk away and remove the key from the equation and then try the door-locks. May give it a shot this afternoon.

·
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 Seltos and noticed this feature as well. I usually lock my car by using the door since the fob is really loud, but was perplexed that I couldn’t in this car. Anyone know if this feature can be disabled at all?

·
3 Posts
I just noticed this on mine, as well. Ironically, I locked the Chevy fob inside of the Malibu that I traded in to the Kia dealer.

·
1 Posts
I JUST purchased a 2021 Seltos S. Love it! One problem. I turn off vehicle, exit car, the car will not lock using the inside door lock / unlock switch. Only the FOB will lock the car. Very bizarre. While driving, the lock unlock switch inside car works fine. Turn car off and exit car only the FOB can lock the car. No fobs are inside car, just one in my hand. Very weird. Anyone know of this issue? Have a service appointment scheduled was just wondering if anyone knows this to be a thing for the Seltos.

Thanks!
Just mentioned this to service manager this morning. Neither he nor the head technician knew about this issue. Said he'd inquire about it.

·
2 Posts
Same issue...did anyone get it resolved? I'm sorry but I want to put the key in my purse and forget about it...if I have to go fumbling around for it every time I get out of my vehicle I'm going to be highly annoyed.

·
63 Posts
Same issue...did anyone get it resolved? I'm sorry but I want to put the key in my purse and forget about it...if I have to go fumbling around for it every time I get out of my vehicle I'm going to be highly annoyed.
Ok am I missing something ? What is the problem with pushing outside door handle button once to lock doors, key can be left in purse.

·
2 Posts
Oh? Outside door handle button? So you push that to lock it? I thought that was just how you UNLOCK it?

·
1 Posts

Thanks!
My son bought a Kia Seltos and it is really unsafe for the times we live. Kia should make a recall and have all Seltos installed with normal, safe, regular door locks and operation of lock system. This is the problem if you are alone and get to your destination and turn off the car immediately the Seltos unlocks all 4 doors allowing any burglar to climb in while you are still in the car. The second unsafe problem is when you are with other people in the car and you stop and they wait for you. First if you lock the doors once you step out and someone needs to step out the alarm turns on. If you do not FOB lock the car because the passengers in the car the driver doors remains open. Third the person cannot lock the car in any way if needs to leave the car open that will make it easier for anyone to still things inside the car. What was KIA thinking? Did anyone in the company check for the Alfa and plus of this poor lock system? The Seltos is a headache when it has to be with the door lock issues. KIA SHOULD HUMBLY ACCEPT THIS IS UNSAFE AND RECALL THE CARS AND PUT A NORMAL SECURE DOOR LOCK SYSTEM TO ALL KIA SELTOS...!!!

·
63 Posts
My son bought a Kia Seltos and it is really unsafe for the times we live. Kia should make a recall and have all Seltos installed with normal, safe, regular door locks and operation of lock system. This is the problem if you are alone and get to your destination and turn off the car immediately the Seltos unlocks all 4 doors allowing any burglar to climb in while you are still in the car. The second unsafe problem is when you are with other people in the car and you stop and they wait for you. First if you lock the doors once you step out and someone needs to step out the alarm turns on. If you do not FOB lock the car because the passengers in the car the driver doors remains open. Third the person cannot lock the car in any way if needs to leave the car open that will make it easier for anyone to still things inside the car. What was KIA thinking? Did anyone in the company check for the Alfa and plus of this poor lock system? The Seltos is a headache when it has to be with the door lock issues. KIA SHOULD HUMBLY ACCEPT THIS IS UNSAFE AND RECALL THE CARS AND PUT A NORMAL SECURE DOOR LOCK SYSTEM TO ALL KIA SELTOS...!!!
Hi Manny, you can program your first complaint of doors unlocking when vehicle put in park. Turn off auto unlock feature page 4-64 in the Canadian manual. You might have a point in your second and third complain, I have to wait till my wife returns with vehicle to play with that part, but I think you might be correct that you can't lock vehicle with out fob interesting.

·
63 Posts
Hi Manny, you can program your first complaint of doors unlocking when vehicle put in park. Turn off auto unlock feature page 4-64 in the Canadian manual. You might have a point in your second and third complain, I have to wait till my wife returns with vehicle to play with that part, but I think you might be correct that you can't lock vehicle with out fob interesting.
Ok, occupant can lock the doors from inside , if they choose to leave they can unlock & alarm will not go off. What you can't do is lock vehicle from out side with out fob or UVO. You won't see a recall on this but maybe in future they could add an option to lock doors without a fob kinda doubt that will happen.

·
11 Posts
Ok, occupant can lock the doors from inside , if they choose to leave they can unlock & alarm will not go off. What you can't do is lock vehicle from out side with out fob or UVO. You won't see a recall on this but maybe in future they could add an option to lock doors without a fob kinda doubt that will happen.
My SX has a push button on the door handle to allow the locking of the car without using the fob.

·
63 Posts
My SX has a push button on the door handle to allow the locking of the car without using the fob.
Ya, but you need the fob to be in close proximity & then it also arms the system, so occupants can't get out after 30 sec without setting off alarm

·
11 Posts
Ya, but you need the fob to be in close proximity & then it also arms the system, so occupants can't get out after 30 sec without setting off alarm
but the original request complained that the doors could only be locked by using the fob! I can lock the doors with no fob in proximity. The reason you can't use the lock button inside the car is to prevent locking the fob in the car

·
63 Posts
but the original request complained that the doors could only be locked by using the fob! I can lock the doors with no fob in proximity. The reason you can't use the lock button inside the car is to prevent locking the fob in the car
Were past that, we are now discussing Manny's complaint (at least I am)

·
2021 Kia Seltos S Model - Mars orange
25 Posts
I know this is an old topic but wanted to clarify that I have the "S" model and it does NOT have the PUSH BUTTON START, or the PROXIMITY KEY FOB, nor does it have the BUTTON on the outside door handle. I had all these features on my previous Challenger & outside door handle button was a great option but they also allowed the lock button inside the car to work.

Unfortunately, Kia really screwed up on disabling the inside door lock button after parking your car. Every morning, I get to work & exit my car carrying my coffee, breakfast tacos, & Laptop. Every freaking day, have to walk to the front of the car, set down my coffee, just to pull out my keys and lock the door. If it as only once in a blue moon it would be fine, but I find myself always carrying something out of the are & always fumbling for the key fob.

Anyone ever found a work-around?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts