Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST purchased a 2021 Seltos S. Love it! One problem. I turn off vehicle, exit car, the car will not lock using the inside door lock / unlock switch. Only the FOB will lock the car. Very bizarre. While driving, the lock unlock switch inside car works fine. Turn car off and exit car only the FOB can lock the car. No fobs are inside car, just one in my hand. Very weird. Anyone know of this issue? Have a service appointment scheduled was just wondering if anyone knows this to be a thing for the Seltos.

Thanks!

·
4 Posts
I've only had my Seltos a handful of hours and I noticed the same thing. I think it might be really aggressive protection from locking a key inside the car. I haven't tried to leave it unlocked, walk away and remove the key from the equation and then try the door-locks. May give it a shot this afternoon.

·
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 Seltos and noticed this feature as well. I usually lock my car by using the door since the fob is really loud, but was perplexed that I couldn’t in this car. Anyone know if this feature can be disabled at all?

·
3 Posts
I just noticed this on mine, as well. Ironically, I locked the Chevy fob inside of the Malibu that I traded in to the Kia dealer.

·
4 Posts
Just wondering why you guys don't like to use outside door handle button to lock it ?
I think its mostly just keeping convention and habit. Also, locking using the interior lock doesn't put on a light and audio show unlike using the outside door lock button.

·
1 Posts
I JUST purchased a 2021 Seltos S. Love it! One problem. I turn off vehicle, exit car, the car will not lock using the inside door lock / unlock switch. Only the FOB will lock the car. Very bizarre. While driving, the lock unlock switch inside car works fine. Turn car off and exit car only the FOB can lock the car. No fobs are inside car, just one in my hand. Very weird. Anyone know of this issue? Have a service appointment scheduled was just wondering if anyone knows this to be a thing for the Seltos.

Thanks!
Just mentioned this to service manager this morning. Neither he nor the head technician knew about this issue. Said he'd inquire about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts