Kia Seltos Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
155 Posts
Perhaps some of the lock/unlock features are also related to safety in the event of an accident. I suppose if having the door unlock when I place the transmission in D or reach a certain speed is the downside to doors automatically unlocking when involved in an accident, I'll take it! Saw vehicle on fire on the side of the freeway once, I wonder if the doors unlocked when it was hastily pulled to the side and everyone jumped out? Just a thought.

·
115 Posts
I JUST purchased a 2021 Seltos S. Love it! One problem. I turn off vehicle, exit car, the car will not lock using the inside door lock / unlock switch. Only the FOB will lock the car. Very bizarre. While driving, the lock unlock switch inside car works fine. Turn car off and exit car only the FOB can lock the car. No fobs are inside car, just one in my hand. Very weird. Anyone know of this issue? Have a service appointment scheduled was just wondering if anyone knows this to be a thing for the Seltos.

Thanks!
Just use the button on the door handle to lock or unlock the doors. Also go into setting a check to see how your locks are suppose to work when you you turn the car off

·
39 Posts
Just use the button on the door handle to lock or unlock the doors. Also go into setting a check to see how your locks are suppose to work when you you turn the car off
S model doesn't have a button on the door handle.
When I turn off my S model, I just keep the keys in my hand and press the lock button after closing the door. It's not a big deal.

·
2021 Kia Seltos S Model - Mars orange
34 Posts
S model doesn't have a button on the door handle.
When I turn off my S model, I just keep the keys in my hand and press the lock button after closing the door. It's not a big deal.

This is a common complaint about the Kia Seltos when you don’t have a push button start, then you don’t have a key fob, then you don’t have the button on the outside of the door. The excuse I have been given is that it’s a safety feature so you don’t lock your keys inside the door but that is a lie because it will automatically lock after a while. I believe it’s a flaw and I’ve heard others that have spoken to Kia In which it is a flaw. It’s annoying because if you carry anything in your hands, you have to fumble around to pull out your keys to lock the door😡

·
39 Posts

This is a common complaint about the Kia Seltos when you don’t have a push button start, then you don’t have a key fob, then you don’t have the button on the outside of the door. The excuse I have been given is that it’s a safety feature so you don’t lock your keys inside the door but that is a lie because it will automatically lock after a while. I believe it’s a flaw and I’ve heard others that have spoken to Kia In which it is a flaw. It’s annoying because if you carry anything in your hands, you have to fumble around to pull out your keys to lock the door😡
The S model without push start does have a fob.

·
3 Posts
I JUST purchased a 2021 Seltos S. Love it! One problem. I turn off vehicle, exit car, the car will not lock using the inside door lock / unlock switch. Only the FOB will lock the car. Very bizarre. While driving, the lock unlock switch inside car works fine. Turn car off and exit car only the FOB can lock the car. No fobs are inside car, just one in my hand. Very weird. Anyone know of this issue? Have a service appointment scheduled was just wondering if anyone knows this to be a thing for the Seltos.

Thanks!
I just bought a 2021 Seltos S and it has the same problem.

·
2 Posts
Exactly! I have been doing a ton of modifications on my car and will eventually see if I can figure out a work around of some sort. I am sure there has to be a trick with the wiring. The lock button does work it certain circumstances. For example, I can unlock/lock it while driving with the button but only when at a very low speed. When I drop my child off at school in the morning and push the unlock button multiple times (before I stop), it immediately locks itself back but once I am under 3 MPH or so, the button does stay unlocked or locked if I choose. Ironic that it won't let me unlock it when I want too or lock it when I want too...LOL.

Working with installing Fog Lights and Rocker Switches, I am beginning to think it's some sort of "kill switch" that disables power to the button when we turn off the car but mysterious that it can still lock with the remote. I actually have 2 remote Key Fobs (factory and factory installed "Remote Start" button remote). Really dumb that I have 2 remotes but that's what you get with KIA "Factory add-on Remote Start" which is different than EX and SX models which only have 1 total remote. Anywho, both remotes lock the door and if I have the car started from Remote Start and try to enter the car, only that remote unlocks the door while car is still running.

My question, is what happens when the remote battery dies on the remote, you cannot lock your door? If you look under your door handles (Driver Side only) there is a small black rubber square pieces that pushes in, I believe it's so you can pop off that small cap with a screw driver and probably has a key hole for your actual key to lock/unlock door. I tried to do it one time and slipped and left a small scratch on the handle, keep forgetting to try again.....
I seen the key used to push in slot under right side of the handle that doesn't move and they used key and pulled left of handle out when they done it popped right off.

·
2 Posts
2021 does not have a button and even in posts above they show pics of there's and it clearly shows no button as well as the one I have and I assure you I infact know what a button looks like,thanks.

·
9 Posts
I'd like to know, cuz I'm an avid road tripper and I sleep in my vehicles, this feature actually makes me feel horribly unsafe as anyone can just open my car while I'm sleeping. Does anyone have a fix?

·
155 Posts
I'd like to know, cuz I'm an avid road tripper and I sleep in my vehicles, this feature actually makes me feel horribly unsafe as anyone can just open my car while I'm sleeping. Does anyone have a fix?
Hadn't thought about this one! With the push button start, the Seltos SX Turbo won't allow you to lock the door with the key fob inside! Will definitely have to figure this one out as I too am a road tripper and slip in the car!

·
75 Posts
Hadn't thought about this one! With the push button start, the Seltos SX Turbo won't allow you to lock the door with the key fob inside! Will definitely have to figure this one out as I too am a road tripper and slip in the car!
I just tried mine and I can sit inside with the fob, lock all doors. My wife could not unlock from outside with me inside with fob. May be there is a setting some where to make this possible but I did not change it to make it possible. Seltos SX

·
9 Posts
I just tried mine and I can sit inside with the fob, lock all doors. My wife could not unlock from outside with me inside with fob. May be there is a setting some where to make this possible but I did not change it to make it possible. Seltos SX
I'm going to try this tonight, as I've been looking at slam locks as an alternative. Hope it works.
I just assumed as it won't let me use the lock button on the inside of the car door when I'm getting out of my vehicle.

·
155 Posts
I'm going to try this tonight, as I've been looking at slam locks as an alternative. Hope it works.
I just assumed as it won't let me use the lock button on the inside of the car door when I'm getting out of my vehicle.
Going camping this weekend so I'll give it a try.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts