Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Vancouver, WA. I think the biggest drawback to the Seltos is no cargo cover, anyone that lives in the city knows you will get your car broken into for anything left exposed. If anyone is interested, I made my own cargo cover, just not sure how to upload images here.

·
Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
308 Posts
Greetings from Vancouver, WA. I think the biggest drawback to the Seltos is no cargo cover, anyone that lives in the city knows you will get your car broken into for anything left exposed. If anyone is interested, I made my own cargo cover, just not sure how to upload images here.
???
I think you may have gotten ripped off...they all come with a standard rear cargo cover AFAIK

EDIT: I guess they don't...had a look at the lower trims even here in Canada and it looks like it isn't listed on anything below an EX Premium...weird...I would have thought they would have that as standard across the line (and I never saw any without one).
Does your Nightfall edition have the latches where one clips in at least? You could probably order a factory one and just clip it in...

·
149 Posts
I'm confident it can be bought as an accessory, but don't you have tinted glass? Mine is pretty dark you can barely tell the covers even there.

Regardless I'd like to see what you've done. When you're typing a message, you'll see all your B I U S stuff down at the bottom of the text box. There's one icon to the left of the Camera icon that represents image files. Select that and a Box will pop up where you drag and drop your images too. They'll insert into your post.

·
99 Posts
Wow, surprised at this, although I must say Kia do let themselves down in some rather strange ways. Like my top 2020 model (Dec2019) still did not have fitted monogramed mats, and I had to pay extra. I'd have assumed that the cargo cover was standard across the range. It has become so here in Aus from the 2021 models, where it was added to the two lowest priced models. Surely though you could do what I did re the carpets, and just buy a cover from the parts department..? The slots are bound to be there..? Still, by all means show us your ingenuity... 👍😊

·
6 Posts
I have a 2023 Nightfall as well and it did not come with the cargo cover either... I'd love to see the solution you came up with.

·
5 Posts
Hi everyone -- first time posting and glad I found this forum!

I'm in the same situation here I guess as everyone who have trims lower than an SX. I just got my 2023 EX yesterday and realized that a cargo cover doesn't come standard! I'm in US btw, not Canada.

Has anybody figured out an aftermarket cargo cover? I'm thinking of using a retractable cargo cover but since there's no slot to attach the cover, I plan to just use a double sided, all-weather adhesive. Definitely don't want to bore holes in a brand new vehicle!

·
149 Posts
2021-2022 Kia Seltos Cargo Cover 85930 Q5000WK Kia Parts Store Kia Wholesale Parts Phoenix Dallas San Francisco Los Angeles Bay Area | Kia Parts Store

Doesn't specify a 2023 but looks identical to my 2023s. Pretty cheap though. Might be worth the risk of picking it up and seeing. $114 from Kia Genuine Parts.
I tracked down some vidoes of LX reviews and it appears the tray rails don't exist on trims that don't come with the tray. So this likely won't help you. Which makes me even more interested in the OPs project.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
182 Posts
When I purchased my first Seltos S, I looked for a cargo cover in vain, but couldn't find one. When I purchased the SX, it came with one. Since then I heard this "knocking" sound. I thought something was in my wheel or door. It turned out that it was the cargo cover. On long trips, I remove it to get rid of the sound. I've looked into the cargo area without the cover and I just can't see into it, regardless cloudy or sunny day. So my point is for those who don't have it, you're not missing much.

·
43 Posts
I tracked down some vidoes of LX reviews and it appears the tray rails don't exist on trims that don't come with the tray. So this likely won't help you. Which makes me even more interested in the OPs project.
The couple I saw you have to drill holes for the mounting brackets. Did not seem like a big deal, but my SX came with the cargo cover.

·
99 Posts
When I purchased my first Seltos S, I looked for a cargo cover in vain, but couldn't find one. When I purchased the SX, it came with one. Since then I heard this "knocking" sound. I thought something was in my wheel or door. It turned out that it was the cargo cover. On long trips, I remove it to get rid of the sound. I've looked into the cargo area without the cover and I just can't see into it, regardless cloudy or sunny day. So my point is for those who don't have it, you're not missing much.
Numbnuts, I hear what you are saying, but surely the noise it made was because it was a bit loose somewhere. There are ways to prevent that. My preference for having the cover is not so much for privacy of contents but to protect what's in there from the sun, and for sound deadening. Quite a lot of road noise does come up through the trunk, (boot where I live), and I notice this immediately if I have the cover out for some reason - like an oddly shaped load. Even with it in, I found that there's a gap between the front edge of the cover and the backs of the rear seats, and that putting the rear seat backs into the reclining position closes this gap and makes the sound proofing even better. Doing that may well have fixed your rattle as well. Did you try that at all..?

·
Super Moderator
308 Posts
Numbnuts, I hear what you are saying, but surely the noise it made was because it was a bit loose somewhere. There are ways to prevent that. My preference for having the cover is not so much for privacy of contents but to protect what's in there from the sun, and for sound deadening. Quite a lot of road noise does come up through the trunk, (boot where I live), and I notice this immediately if I have the cover out for some reason - like an oddly shaped load. Even with it in, I found that there's a gap between the front edge of the cover and the backs of the rear seats, and that putting the rear seat backs into the reclining position closes this gap and makes the sound proofing even better. Doing that may well have fixed your rattle as well. Did you try that at all..?
No knocking of my cargo cover in my 22 SX…it fits in there pretty solid, not sure why any would cause a knocking unless maybe it wasn’t installed quite right (from the factory or otherwise)

·
99 Posts
No knocking of my cargo cover in my 22 SX…it fits in there pretty solid, not sure why any would cause a knocking unless maybe it wasn’t installed quite right (from the factory or otherwise)
Yes, Speed, mine has always fitted tight with no rattle, but it can happen. The cargo tray in the Toyota Corolla GT I once had sometimes rattled a bit over rough stuff, even though properly fitted.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
182 Posts
No I haven't, and thanks for giving me the info. I'll have to try it. I'm so used to it by now. At first I really didn't know what was making the noise until I removed it so I can put a large item in the back.

·
99 Posts
No I haven't, and thanks for giving me the info. I'll have to try it. I'm so used to it by now. At first I really didn't know what was making the noise until I removed it so I can put a large item in the back.
That may well work, and in any case, the slight recline makes the rear seats more comfrtable for rear passengers anyway, so it's win - win all round to do that. Even quieter running, and more comfortable. However, if even that fails to stop the rattle, just cut a piece to size of that sticky-backed type of draft stripping the appliance shops always carry, and stick it over the outer surface of the two rubber snubbers that protrude from the outer edge of the cargo tray, and that should definitely do the trick, as there is nowhere else it could come from really. Let's know how those tricks work, and which solved the issue..?

·
Super Moderator
308 Posts
That may well work, and in any case, the slight recline makes the rear seats more comfrtable for rear passengers anyway, so it's win - win all round to do that. Even quieter running, and more comfortable. However, if even that fails to stop the rattle, just cut a piece to size of that sticky-backed type of draft stripping the appliance shops always carry, and stick it over the outer surface of the two rubber snubbers that protrude from the outer edge of the cargo tray, and that should definitely do the trick, as there is nowhere else it could come from really. Let's know how those tricks work, and which solved the issue..?
I do run with my rear seats reclined up against it so maybe that’s why I’ve never heard anything back there.
Now my dash, on the other hand, has a distinct rattle in it somewhere when I floor it and the engine revs up a bit…I’m living with it…it’s a lease.😂

·
99 Posts
I do run with my rear seats reclined up against it so maybe that’s why I’ve never heard anything back there.
Now my dash, on the other hand, has a distinct rattle in it somewhere when I floor it and the engine revs up a bit…I’m living with it…it’s a lease.😂
Yeah. Dash rattles are always tricky to track down - sometimes impossible. Try driving less spiritedly Speed, then you’ll get less dash buzz, and enjoy better economy too.

Tell you what though. Since you mentioned that the AWD activates from standstill, I’ve been experimenting, and yes, the AWD is virtually inactive other than at take-off in the Eco mode, moderately active in Normal, (in your country, Smart mode), and much more active in Sport mode.

After all that, I’ve gone back to largely using Eco however, because it is more ecumenical, but also perfectly adequate for most driving. After all, apart from being less thirsty, less sporty gear changes and less engaging of AWD must mean less wear and tear mechanically surely..? Of course, that’s less important to you if it’s leased I guess. 😬

·
149 Posts
Make sure it is fully snapped in, I often take mine in and out for work and I've noticed it's quite stiff to snap in.
Once you fit it in place you gotta give it a shove to snap it in place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts