Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all ,
Loving my SX more and more , yesterday I took a 50 mile trip and the miles per gallon used was up to 44.9. The average overall for the trip was 39.7. I was pleasantly surprised to see the improvement in mpg as I use the car ! I'm also pleased with the ride !
In the near future I plan on taking some back roads that can get a bit rough but not considered extreme off roading. Has anyone else gone off the beaten path with their Seltos.? If so, How did it preform ?

·
155 Posts
Greetings all ,
Loving my SX more and more , yesterday I took a 50 mile trip and the miles per gallon used was up to 44.9. The average overall for the trip was 39.7. I was pleasantly surprised to see the improvement in mpg as I use the car ! I'm also pleased with the ride !
In the near future I plan on taking some back roads that can get a bit rough but not considered extreme off roading. Has anyone else gone off the beaten path with their Seltos.? If so, How did it preform ?
So not that extreme but here are a few places I've taken the Seltos -

These spots don't look so bad, however this is where it was safe to pull over. The first two are on a fire road that routes up to some radio towers and trails. Parts are rather rough and bumpy. Seltos did well. A few times I was concerned with clearance but took it slow. The last three are up trails to an old quartz mine where I grew up. Basically motorcycle and ATV type trails. Seltos did fine. Some sand and gravel. In the steeper top of the trails I had to stop and back up down the trail due to clearance. Some of the ruts were over a foot deep.

The downhill decent was a comforting feature for the step areas where it was a drop off on the side. Suppose I should invest in a camera.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your answer , I'd love to find a two inch lift kit , the dealer said it should not void any warranty so I'm actively looking for one but haven't found it yet

·
196 Posts
I have been looking too and same here.No Luck.Obviously there isn't one on the market yet.Maybe they will never be one.I have seen one for the Sportage but it will not fit the Seltos.

Are you planning on getting bigger tires and rims? They will help a lot with the lift kit as you will probably need them especially a wider tire.

·
49 Posts
Greetings all ,
I barely get 22 around town 28-29 highway

·
9 Posts
Greetings all ,
I've beaten the snot out of my seltos, had the doors scratched from shruberry before I even had 3k on it, it gets great mileage, 5.2L/100kms is the best I've gotten, and I've had it on the sideways on a hill at 30 degree grade with stock tires.... She slipped a bit, but not off the trail.

We have tons of grid road in sk, which is why I bought an AWD, and was nervous again with stock tires and the pouring rain, the grid was sinking 4" from surface but the seltos didn't get stuck once.

Love my seltos.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been looking too and same here.No Luck.Obviously there isn't one on the market yet.Maybe they will never be one.I have seen one for the Sportage but it will not fit the Seltos.

Are you planning on getting bigger tires and rims? They will help a lot with the lift kit as you will probably need them especially a wider tire.
Hey , did you ever get your lift kit and tires ? If so what did you go with ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts