Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought my seltos last july (2020). Normally, I’m supposed to take an appointment now for the first maintance (6 months or 6 000 km). Du to the covid, I didn’t make a lot of km, the meter shows only 1 500 km.
I find expensive to have a maintenance at this km.
I’m questionning myself concerning the warranty if I skip the first maintenance, is there a possibility that Kia will refuse to honor the warranty if I skip the first maintenance?
Thank’s to anybody who can help me.

·
100 Posts
Hi, I bought my seltos last july (2020). Normally, I’m supposed to take an appointment now for the first maintance (6 months or 6 000 km). Du to the covid, I didn’t make a lot of km, the meter shows only 1 500 km.
I’m questionning myself concerning the warranty if I skip the first maintenance, is there a possibility that Kia will refuse to honor the warranty if I skip the first maintenance?
Have you asked your dealer about fees for the first maintenance visit? Most (if not all) dealers in the US offer a free oil change and inspection for the first one. I’m not sure about other markets though

·
71 Posts
Yes it is odd your dealer did not offer a nc first maintenance . It also irritates me that southern Ont is classified as severe usage 6 months 6,000 k it should be normal 12 months 12,000

·
18 Posts
Dealer ( in CT) told me first oil change and inspections was 1300 to 1500 miles and it was free. Then once every 15,000 mile for oils changes. What pisses me off, was future free oil changes could only be scheduled prior to 2:30 pm. Not many of us get out of work that early. can you say SCAM...? I'm a one car single dad..ugh

·
71 Posts
Dealer ( in CT) told me first oil change and inspections was 1300 to 1500 miles and it was free. Then once every 15,000 mile for oils changes. What pisses me off, was future free oil changes could only be scheduled prior to 2:30 pm. Not many of us get out of work that early. can you say SCAM...? I'm a one car single dad..ugh
I think your dealer is providing you with incorrect information, no were in the manual does it request an early oil change and my Canadian manual says for non turbo normal maintenance is 7500 miles for oil change's

·
18 Posts
I think your dealer is providing you with incorrect information, no were in the manual does it request an early oil change and my Canadian manual says for non turbo normal maintenance is 7500 miles for oil change's
Sorry, mines a turbo and with synthetic oil.. and my manual does say 15,000 for turbos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts