Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Seltos SX for barely 2 months. Love it. However, I live in the Northeast and we've had lots of snow and cold weather lately. The reason I mention this is that my chrome letters that designate the model SX seemed to have loosened up (I am thinking from temperature changes) and were hanging off the car today. I lease the car so I don't want to be charged for these letters. There is no dent or scratch in the area that would tell me the car was hit or someone was trying to steal them. I've had lots of cars including used ones over the years and this never happened before., Just scares me a little because you figure if they can't get glue to stick....... Wondering if anyone else has this issue :oops: I don't want to bring it in for service for a few letters but I don't want to be penalized for it either.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would take it to the dealer to get them glued back on.If you don't and you loose them it could be a costly adventure.
Thanks for the advice. Don't want to waste a whole day at a dealership to get it glued back on:( since it is really a minor issue. Guess I'll wait til I have a more serious issue and have it done then. Was wondering if anyone else had these letters falling off.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX - Gravity Grey
20 Posts
Haven't had that issue here yet, you could try some 3M double sided mounting tape (I think they even have some designed for automotive use) and re-stick the letter on.

·
84 Posts
I've had my Seltos SX for barely 2 months. Love it. However, I live in the Northeast and we've had lots of snow and cold weather lately. The reason I mention this is that my chrome letters that designate the model SX seemed to have loosened up (I am thinking from temperature changes) and were hanging off the car today. I lease the car so I don't want to be charged for these letters. There is no dent or scratch in the area that would tell me the car was hit or someone was trying to steal them. I've had lots of cars including used ones over the years and this never happened before., Just scares me a little because you figure if they can't get glue to stick....... Wondering if anyone else has this issue :oops: I don't want to bring it in for service for a few letters but I don't want to be penalized for it either.
It is all covered by your 100,000 mile warranty. Just take to the dealer

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
227 Posts
It is all covered by your 100,000 mile warranty. Just take to the dealer
keep in mind the 10 yr / 100k warranty is just for the powertrain not the whole vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts