Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Kia Seltos SXTurbo 1.6 T-GDi

I've ALWAYS used Mobil-1 Full Synthetic Extended Performance oils and products in my past cars with the Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filters. Called Mobil NO JOY!!!!! :mad: They don't have filters for this car I called Kia they said the Kia filter they use on oil changes the 2.0 engine and the 1.6 T-GDi are the same filter. Anyone know what would be top of the line extended filters since Mobil-1 does not list one per the rep I spoke to on the phone. I want to keep with an extended filter to go along with my oil, even with the extended oil i use I change every 5000-7.500k regardless...

'22 Seltos SX Turbo // Snow White Pearl
38 Posts
I work for a Toyota dealer, but purchased a ‘22 Seltos SX. The Kia dealer is right next door, so I had a discussion with a Service Writer after my first oil change at the dealer. Decided to have the first one done by them just in case they found a defect with the vehicle. Anyway, I digress. I used Amsoil Signature Series in my previous vehicle (also a turbo motor), so I asked the SW if that was approved for use in my Seltos. He said “absolutely because it’s an upgrade from the semi-synthetic used by Kia”, but then added “Kia is pretty picky about people using genuine OEM oil filters while under warranty”.

Now, I know a manufacturer can’t force us to use their filters, but I figure why take the chance of a denied claim for something as simple as an oil filter? Besides, they’re not expensive. In my Parts department I’ve even started stocking the OEM Kia filters for when we recondition a Hyundai or Kia that has powertrain warranty left. That way the customer that purchases the vehicle from us can have a little extra peace of mind about their warranty.

26 Posts
just use the KIA OEM filters since they have been specifically designed for these four cylinders. I think 26300-35505 applies to all four cylinder engine KIa and Hyundai made since 2010? original number was 26300-35504 until two years ago. i have only used OEM filters on all vehicles I have owned in past ten years because I trust them and the price is about the same or less than after market brand that was designed to be an universal fit. I have followed 10k interval with M1 or any full synthetic on sale without an issue.

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just use the KIA OEM filters since they have been specifically designed for these four cylinders. I think 26300-35505 applies to all four cylinder engine KIa and Hyundai made since 2010? original number was 26300-35504 until two years ago. i have only used OEM filters on all vehicles I have owned in past ten years because I trust them and the price is about the same or less than after market brand that was designed to be an universal fit. I have followed 10k interval with M1 or any full synthetic on sale without an issue.
Thanks all that have responded I picked up a FRAM Ultra Synthetic XG968 filter I might return and go with the OEM
as some have mentioned here but I will continue to use the Mobil 1 Extend Performance 5w-30 oil. Just turned 2500miles I plan to change over now and then every 5.0k or 7.5k change it because i've never gone the full time frame the oil says it's good for as I might go a little over kill but its only $$ and fresh oil is better than old oil any time been like that on my MX race bikes and even our little scooter..................

ThaiSXTurbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.