Kia Seltos Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
38 Posts
Although I love my Seltos SXT ...I'd love to be able to bump up the horse-power to at least match the Soul 1.6 T ...exact same engine! What gives? Why did KIA power-down the engine for the Seltos???:mad:
We get around 16-16.5 psi but veloster and i assume the kia soul run 18

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
200 Posts
Although I love my Seltos SXT ...I'd love to be able to bump up the horse-power to at least match the Soul 1.6 T ...exact same engine! What gives? Why did KIA power-down the engine for the Seltos???:mad:
however, the torque is still the same which is more important for power. Also the DCT gearing is not the same between the Soul 1.6T and the Seltos 1.6T.

·
38 Posts
Wouldnt say more important but yes for daily driving. TQ is what breaks rods in the velosters tho i wouldnt mind 220-230 wheel though

·
34 Posts
They did it for fuel economy purposes only. I believe they have told reviewers and dealers as much in the presentations they gave at driving events. That is what both have subsequently communicated to consumers.

·
38 Posts
Id really like to see the 201hp 1.6T and the 175hp 1.6T dyno graphs. If its a smaller turbo it should make and hold that 195 tq lower in rpm band and hold it well. I need someone to dyno another Kona or Seltos

·
184 Posts
If you're looking to beef up the power of your Seltos this modded one might give you some ideas.

• It has an ECU remap from Quantum Tuning
  • K&N Performance Filter
  • Remus Valvetronic Exhaust
http://instagr.am/p/B7iAwQDAKeq/

·
38 Posts
Here's another heavily modified Seltos. It's the most modded one I've ever seen.

Definition of RICE. It looks good in some spots... overall little over the top. The fact that the enginebay looks MORE FACTORY then mine with 183 miles on it annoys me

·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Here's another heavily modified Seltos. It's the most modded one I've ever seen.

View attachment 343 View attachment 344 View attachment 345 View attachment 346 View attachment 347 View attachment 348 View attachment 349 View attachment 350
Yikes!

·
Kia Seltos GT 2020
13 Posts

What do you guys think of this?

Im thinking of doing this, also a 12V power in the trunk/boot, electric rear trunk/boot, and vinyl wrap the Roof black with the Seltos that has a sunroof.

What do you guys think?

·
38 Posts
View attachment 358

What do you guys think of this?

Im thinking of doing this, also a 12V power in the trunk/boot, electric rear trunk/boot, and vinyl wrap the Roof black with the Seltos that has a sunroof.

What do you guys think?
I like it lol. I did do this because what the hell i might make a hint of noise difference .

Stock heat shielding was a pain to remove so I didnt put it back on. Not really to concerned.

Attachments

·
38 Posts
I think thats the one I bought I'll look a little later. The bolts didnt work work though I had to go buy longer ones

(3) M10 X 1.0 X 40mm (and 3 washers)

21 - 40 of 49 Posts