Kia Seltos Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Found it.

A blow-off valve (BOV), dump valve or compressor bypass valve (CBV), is a pressure release system present in most turbocharged engines. Its main purpose is to take the load off the turbocharger when the throttle is suddenly closed.[1]

·
53 Posts
Sorry man was eating dinner.. a diverter valve is just a blow off valve thats more ornless silent.

Technical terms are it vents compressed air back into the intake stream once you let pff throttle so to avoid compressor surge.

I bypassed where it dumps it back into the intake. Poor man's Blow off valve

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sorry man was eating dinner.. a diverter valve is just a blow off valve thats more ornless silent.

Technical terms are it vents compressed air back into the intake stream once you let pff throttle so to avoid compressor surge.

I bypassed where it dumps it back into the intake. Poor man's Blow off valve
Ok....thanks.

·
13 Posts
I have the SX in the US. It didn't come with ventilated seats. It did come with ventilated seats in the Canadian market.

Same seats, same perforated faux leather fabric.

I'll be really curious if this is something that can be added 3rd party at some point.

·
184 Posts
I have the SX in the US. It didn't come with ventilated seats. It did come with ventilated seats in the Canadian market.

Same seats, same perforated faux leather fabric.

I'll be really curious if this is something that can be added 3rd party at some point.
That's odd, you'd thin it'd be the same for both trims.

·
53 Posts
Well I was hoping smeone else would get a Tork tune and post their results but I guess Ill be the Guinea Pig and get the first one for our car.

The intercooler resonator delete and all the other mods definitely increased the spool up noise but its time for a tune now.

·
4 Posts
Well I was hoping smeone else would get a Tork tune and post their results but I guess Ill be the Guinea Pig and get the first one for our car.

The intercooler resonator delete and all the other mods definitely increased the spool up noise but its time for a tune now.
Hey, really curious how a tune will be. The only ones ive seen are the race chips but dont know if they’re any good.
What other mods have your done to your seltos? I’m looking to do some upgrades on sound and performance as well.

Thanks!

·
53 Posts
Hey, really curious how a tune will be. The only ones ive seen are the race chips but dont know if they’re any good.
What other mods have your done to your seltos? I’m looking to do some upgrades on sound and performance as well.

Thanks!
I only normally focus on power mods. I'm talking with Lap3 and Tork about a tune. Both offer one but I just haven't gotten the funds. Im going to probably order one from Tork because hes been EXTREMELY helpful.

I'm wanting 210whp 235tq with a FLAT powerband.

Eventually I might get bigger front mount if it's needed but between 93 octane and a good cold air setup the tune should bring it alive maybe need to delete a resonator or muffler
If youre interested in ordering a tune I'll put you in touch with him. I'll find the limits of this thing somehow.

·
4 Posts
I only normally focus on power mods. I'm talking with Lap3 and Tork about a tune. Both offer one but I just haven't gotten the funds. Im going to probably order one from Tork because hes been EXTREMELY helpful.

I'm wanting 210whp 235tq with a FLAT powerband.

Eventually I might get bigger front mount if it's needed but between 93 octane and a good cold air setup the tune should bring it alive maybe need to delete a resonator or muffler
If youre interested in ordering a tune I'll put you in touch with him. I'll find the limits of this thing somehow.

Thanks for the response. Im most likely gonna wait a little bit until they start releasing more mods for the car. It’s still fairly new to the US. Not trying to go too over board, just would like more power out of the car as I’m sure the turbo can put out some more. Wish a proper intake was available. All i can find is the drop in air filter from K&N.

·
53 Posts
Thanks for the response. Im most likely gonna wait a little bit until they start releasing more mods for the car. It’s still fairly new to the US. Not trying to go too over board, just would like more power out of the car as I’m sure the turbo can put out some more. Wish a proper intake was available. All i can find is the drop in air filter from K&N.

Check your messages

41 - 60 of 64 Posts