Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I own 2021 Seltos SX Turbo)

2 General questions:

1. What are you getting for mileage City/Hwy?
2. What driving mode (Smart - Normal - Sport) yields you the best MPG in City and Highway?

·
56 Posts

2 General questions:

2. What driving mode (Smart - Normal - Sport) yields you the best MPG in City and Highway?
I have an SX Turbo 2021 for 10 months now and getting average 30 to 33 MPG in smart mode, half hiway, half back roads. Drops quickly in Sport mode. But more fun LOL

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an SX Turbo 2021 for 10 months now and getting average 30 to 33 MPG in smart mode, half hiway, half back roads. Drops quickly in Sport mode. But more fun LOL
Thanks for the reply. I'm getting 21-22 around town and 27-28 Highway. Smart mode. Currently have 16K on the car. Not sure why my mileage isn't better

·
Premium Member
2021 Seltos SX Starbright Yellow
25 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm getting 21-22 around town and 27-28 Highway. Smart mode. Currently have 16K on the car. Not sure why my mileage isn't better
HA! I'd be happy with that. I get 18-20 in town at best and 24-25 on highway, again at best. I'm 69 and a very conservative driver and use Smart mode most of the time, sometimes trying Normal for comparison, and never use Sport. Dealer says all cars get poor mileage until they have 5,000 to 10,000 miles, then they magically improve. What a load of crap! I've been turning wrenches for over 50 years and never heard anything that stupid. I'm pretty disappointed overall with this car.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HA! I'd be happy with that. I get 18-20 in town at best and 24-25 on highway, again at best. I'm 69 and a very conservative driver and use Smart mode most of the time, sometimes trying Normal for comparison, and never use Sport. Dealer says all cars get poor mileage until they have 5,000 to 10,000 miles, then they magically improve. What a load of crap! I've been turning wrenches for over 50 years and never heard anything that stupid. I'm pretty disappointed overall with this car.
I agree with you. I have over 16K miles and still crap for mileage. My 2017 Sportage with the 2.4 did better. I'm upset that I didn't buy a 2021 Sportage instead.

·
22 Posts
HA! I'd be happy with that. I get 18-20 in town at best and 24-25 on highway, again at best. I'm 69 and a very conservative driver
most likely your trips are very short between fillips hence large variation with others.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
most likely your trips are very short between fillips hence large variation with others.
Nope. Every 3 weeks I do 1K round trip to see my kids. Daily commute is 65 miles round trip on highway. Very few stop and go when in town

·
29 Posts
I have the Turbo 1.6l and am generally impressed. I know this is in metric, and will need to be converted but City driving I generally get 7.5-8L/100km and Highway I get 7-7.5L/100km.

In winter it is a little worse. Or when driving through the Rockies with camping gear. When I'm driving rough for a bit in town I hit 9.5L/100km. Best I’ve gotten was a 3 hour trip highway with cruise on and was 6.8L/100km.

·
147 Posts

2 General questions:

Note: The mpg display on the Seltos is overstated by 2 mpg. So if your mpg on the display is 34, it is actually 32 when you do the calculation yourself at fill fillup.

I too owns a 2021 SXT.

1. City—> 30-31 Smart Mode. Highway->26-28 with smart cruise. Note that smart mode is turned off with smart cruise and manual mode on 7th gear!

2. I only use Smart Mode. With this I can demand power by stepping on the accelerator quickly. The system reacts to the accelerator input.

I’m disappointed with the SXT’s highway mpg.

·
9 Posts
I have the Turbo 1.6l and am generally impressed. I know this is in metric, and will need to be converted but City driving I generally get 7.5-8L/100km and Highway I get 7-7.5L/100km.

In winter it is a little worse. Or when driving through the Rockies with camping gear. When I'm driving rough for a bit in town I hit 9.5L/100km. Best I’ve gotten was a 3 hour trip highway with cruise on and was 6.8L/100km.
I have the 1.6 ex and I'm getting 5.3L/100km on highway, and 6.7 in town, happier than a pig in shit. Better than my 1.3l manual Elantra I just dumped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts