Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a previous post which has been discontinued. So I'm creating it for other's who experience the clunking coming from the rear of the Seltos.

Dougt who came up with the remedy which is shown in an outdated post. I believe I originally started the post but Dougt in his reply posted a photo of adding tape to the rear seat latching bar. He was spot on about placing tape over the rear seat latch bar. This was incredibly Simple to do and it Totally Solved this problem. For 2 1/2 yrs I always thought it was the Cargo Cover, I was wrong. I used thick Electrical Tape but the tape wouldn't stick to the bar because it was painted with the same paint that's on the body. So I got a small piece of sand paper and removed the paint. Worked like a charm. Thanks to Dougt's remedy!! You may want to search for the outdated post that Dougt shows a photo of it.

2 Posts
This was a previous post which has been discontinued. So I'm creating it for other's who experience the clunking coming from the rear of the Seltos.

Dougt who came up with the remedy which is shown in an outdated post. I believe I originally started the post but Dougt in his reply posted a photo of adding tape to the rear seat latching bar. He was spot on about placing tape over the rear seat latch bar. This was incredibly Simple to do and it Totally Solved this problem. For 2 1/2 yrs I always thought it was the Cargo Cover, I was wrong. I used thick Electrical Tape but the tape wouldn't stick to the bar because it was painted with the same paint that's on the body. So I got a small piece of sand paper and removed the paint. Worked like a charm. Thanks to Dougt's remedy!! You may want to search for the outdated post that Dougt shows a photo of it.
I've just started my battle with this noise.I put the seat down and the noise all but disappeared.I came home and installed the electrical tape and I'll test the results when I drive to work tomorrow morning.I've also seen posts that mention using Leukoplast tape which is a type of medical tape.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
I've just started my battle with this noise.I put the seat down and the noise all but disappeared.I came home and installed the electrical tape and I'll test the results when I drive to work tomorrow morning.I've also seen posts that mention using Leukoplast tape which is a type of medical tape.
If you haven't already done this, and before mucking about with tape, try just lifting the rear seat latches and pushing them both back into the reclined position. It presses the rear seat backs hard against the front edge of the cargo shelf, thereby preventing movement/rattles, but also shuts the significant gap left when in the first more upright position, so cuts out more road noise from the cargo bay, and is also a more comfortable position for any rear seat passengers anyway, so could be win-win all round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts