Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2022 Kia Seltos 2WD 1.6 L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having issues with the AC not working on my 2022 Kia Seltos. I went on a 5 hour road trip last week, and about 2 hours into the the trip the AC stopped blowing cold air. We had stopped at a park for about an hour to take a break. The AC was working fine before I turned the car off. When I started it back up it just blew out hot air. The temperature outside was in the 90s and the car has less than 5,000 miles on it. Took it to a Kia dealership the other day, and they spent over 2 hours trying to figure out the problem. They said that there is a leak somewhere in the system, but even using a UV light they couldn’t find one. (I even tried looking for it with a black light in my dark garage that night.) They said that they were going to contact Kia for any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue. Apparently the refrigerant is expensive and Kia only allows a certain amount for diagnostics. Is there some other place to look for that leak which may not be so obvious?

·
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
196 Posts
Good luck,
I had a 2015 Cherokee TH (bought brand new) that the dealer "fixed" the AC 4 times. (was always dead in the spring as the refrigerant leaked out over the winter). I traded it in as soon as the warranty ran out. They never did resolve the leak (even after replacing multiple parts) and apparently the new refrigerant is very difficult to do so.

·
3 Posts
I had a similar problem with may old car, which was a mazda5, it comes and goes every summer, until a few years later I had to replace the compressor. But the problem started about 10 years owning the car, so I am surprised yours already has that problem.

·
196 Posts
I had a similar problem with may old car, which was a mazda5, it comes and goes every summer, until a few years later I had to replace the compressor. But the problem started about 10 years owning the car, so I am surprised yours already has that problem.
It happens, my 2015 Jeep was like that from the factory and they never did fix it completely.

·
2022 Kia Seltos 2WD 1.6 L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Dealership contacted Kia techs to find out how to test the system without it shutting down. They believe they found the leak in the caskets going to the condenser. Ordered the gaskets according to the part number only to find out that they are not the same as the original ones. Now waiting on Kia to determine what the correct gaskets should be.

·
1 Posts
I’m having issues with the AC not working on my 2022 Kia Seltos. I went on a 5 hour road trip last week, and about 2 hours into the the trip the AC stopped blowing cold air. We had stopped at a park for about an hour to take a break. The AC was working fine before I turned the car off. When I started it back up it just blew out hot air. The temperature outside was in the 90s and the car has less than 5,000 miles on it. Took it to a Kia dealership the other day, and they spent over 2 hours trying to figure out the problem. They said that there is a leak somewhere in the system, but even using a UV light they couldn’t find one. (I even tried looking for it with a black light in my dark garage that night.) They said that they were going to contact Kia for any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue. Apparently the refrigerant is expensive and Kia only allows a certain amount for diagnostics. Is there some other place to look for that leak which may not be so obvious?
I have the same type of issue with my 2022 Seltos. Apparently, the condenser was hit by a rock and the coolant leaked out. It took 3 days in the shop for them to figure this out. $598.40 for the diagnosis. Now I need to take it back in a week because they didn't have the part in stock. The condenser replacement is quoted at $846.40 with the recharge quoted at $452.85 plus $49.88 for shop charges plus $123.67 taxes. Grand total - $2071.20. Now tell me this shouldn't be illegal! Why do these dealerships feel they need to rip people off? Anyway, the design of cooling set-up is ridiculous. The condenser is so placed on this vehicle in such a way that it is literally a magnet to road trash. They should have placed a screen in front of it to deflect rocks and debris.

·
196 Posts
I have the same type of issue with my 2022 Seltos. Apparently, the condenser was hit by a rock and the coolant leaked out. It took 3 days in the shop for them to figure this out. $598.40 for the diagnosis. Now I need to take it back in a week because they didn't have the part in stock. The condenser replacement is quoted at $846.40 with the recharge quoted at $452.85 plus $49.88 for shop charges plus $123.67 taxes. Grand total - $2071.20. Now tell me this shouldn't be illegal! Why do these dealerships feel they need to rip people off? Anyway, the design of cooling set-up is ridiculous. The condenser is so placed on this vehicle in such a way that it is literally a magnet to road trash. They should have placed a screen in front of it to deflect rocks and debris.
If it was punctured by road debris, couldn't you put in a claim with your insurance?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts