Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, wondering how long does the nav map update take to install in the vehicle once the downloaded usb is inserted. Is there any word of caution when performing update. Seltos SX
Thank You

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, maybe I didn't word it correctly initially .To perform a Navigation update if done correctly takes approximately 25 min .Initial when I first inserted the usb a screen popped up asking if I wanted to update system I chose yes and instead of picking quick option I chose general, That did not work out I has to cancel operation.I then did setting>general>sw/info/update.Did quick install worked perfect .

·
2021 Seltos EX Premium
29 Posts
Ok, maybe I didn't word it correctly initially .To perform a Navigation update if done correctly takes approximately 25 min .Initial when I first inserted the usb a screen popped up asking if I wanted to update system I chose yes and instead of picking quick option I chose general, That did not work out I has to cancel operation.I then did setting>general>sw/info/update.Did quick install worked perfect .
I wasn't sure which one to pick either, so chose "Quick" which took about 25 minutes to complete. Mine updated 5 items: nav, system, backup camera, modem, and one other. I didn't notice much difference other than now I have active weather instead of just the temp.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
76 Posts
Just wondering, I purchased my SX back in May, do I need to update it? How do I obtain the update?

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wondering, I purchased my SX back in May, do I need to update it? How do I obtain the update?
Well you don't have to, but the latest update was Aug. Get info here Kia Canada - kianavi I only have dsl internet so I did the download at night it kept cutting out in daytime. When doing update on vehicle make sure you do quick update, takes approx. 20 min

·
77 Posts
Use the Kia software update site (Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website). Check “Notices” and look at the list of eligible vehicles. You can cross reference that SW version with your infotainment under settings. You will almost definitely need both map and vehicle software - it will take a while to download and you’ll need to sit somewhere with the vehicle on.

Grab a flashdrive to do this - you’ll copy it using the Kia software on your computer and then plug it into the data USB port in your car to begin the installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
76 Posts
"Grab a flashdrive"? After 4 attempts and calling 3 dealerships for help. This was a pain in the ass! Nobody at the dealerships knew what I was talking about. One person said, "Just go to KIA website and purchase the upgrade". Downloaded 4 times at 20 min per download. Went out and purchased a 128 GB flash drive, downloaded it 3rd time. Followed the instructions in the car, as soon as I plugged it in, "NO SUPPORTED FILES".

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Grab a flashdrive"? After 4 attempts and calling 3 dealerships for help. This was a pain in the ass! Nobody at the dealerships knew what I was talking about. One person said, "Just go to KIA website and purchase the upgrade". Downloaded 4 times at 20 min per download. Went out and purchased a 128 GB flash drive, downloaded it 3rd time. Followed the instructions in the car, as soon as I plugged it in, "NO SUPPORTED FILES".
It took me 6hr to download mine, had to do it at night because it timed out during the day,

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
76 Posts
LOL, 6 hours, wow, i thought i was bad. Well I called the KIA customer service and they pointed me to the site to purchase it for $25, all said and done with shipping & handling $34. This better work after I get it.
Here's the link to purchase if anyone else gave up like me.

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, 6 hours, wow, i thought i was bad. Well I called the KIA customer service and they pointed me to the site to purchase it for $25, all said and done with shipping & handling $34. This better work after I get it.
Here's the link to purchase if anyone else gave up like me.
Something tells me you didn't download the complete update, that's why it was so quick and didn't work.

·
9 Posts
Use the Kia software update site (Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website). Check “Notices” and look at the list of eligible vehicles. You can cross reference that SW version with your infotainment under settings. You will almost definitely need both map and vehicle software - it will take a while to download and you’ll need to sit somewhere with the vehicle on.

Grab a flashdrive to do this - you’ll copy it using the Kia software on your computer and then plug it into the data USB port in your car to begin the installation.

Worked for us. It did restart downloading numerous times, then finally confirmed the download. Easily transferred to flashdrive and then about 30 minutes in the car and upgraded.

·
77 Posts
Did you format the flashdrive correctly? And did you have the correct region information for the Seltos? Those would be the reasons for it to fail. Highly likely that the system also does not support 128GB file systems. You will almost always need an 8-16GB flashdrive when updating any current vehicle.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
76 Posts
Tried too many times. When using the 16 GB flash drive it stated that the information that was downloaded needed about 24 gig. I even tried my portable hard drive at 2 TB and it did not accept it. Too much time and too much aggravation. So I purchased the $25 version, hopefully that'll work. Still waiting for it.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
76 Posts
Update: Received the purchased update. Took only 30 min to upgrade the system. Noticed some changed features. Weather is better and more accurate. It's not using distant locations. No change to the Lousy Doppler radar . Which takes way too long to even activate. It also changed the order of my radio stations. I'll buy it again to update and avoid the miserable download.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts