Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When setting a destination In the navigation tool, when you start guidance the car start a startup system check that repeat continuously. (System check you get when you turn ignition on). Once the guidance is turned off, car reverts back to normal. Effectively unable to use navigation as you loose instrument information whilst driving. Has anybody experienced this?

car had map firmware/map update over Christmas was fine at first, but then fault began. Dealer i bought the from is not able to identify cause and can’t roll back update and referred back to Kia

2021 seltos new nov 21

333 Posts
I use navigation all the time - never had that... Possibly re-do the update...else they need to take care of this! A previous Soul I had resulted in them replacing the whole head unit when it wouldn't work right with Sirius or something like that.

333 Posts
That stinks. Just back from a 2500 mile trip to see grandkids, used nav all the time, no problems, using the latest April 2022 update... '21 SX Turbo..

2 Posts
I have the same issue as Steve NZ with 2022 Seltos GT started around 4000KM.
When setting a destination In the navigation tool, when you start guidance the car start a startup system check that repeat continuously. (System check you get when you turn ignition on). Once the guidance is turned off, car reverts back to normal
I have a open case with KIA, no resolution as yet. I did note that if the fault occurs driving that cruise control, and I guess everything except for engine management drops out also. My original issue started as random GPS Wander which has slowly worsened to the system check loop until route is cancelled.
I did see a thread from a Canadian web site that KIA found a loose harness / earth behind the instrument cluster that solved that issue.
If anyone has had this issue fixed I would love to know how as the dealerships seem to struggle.

5 Posts
This started happening to me recently (2023 Seltos SX) - took it to the dealer this morning. I just got the call saying the controller is bad and it will take 7 to 10 days to get that part. I can still drive and use the car as long as I don't use the onboard nav.

2 Posts
When setting a destination In the navigation tool, when you start guidance the car start a startup system check that repeat continuously. (System check you get when you turn ignition on). Once the guidance is turned off, car reverts back to normal. Effectively unable to use navigation as you loose instrument information whilst driving. Has anybody experienced this?

car had map firmware/map update over Christmas was fine at first, but then fault began. Dealer i bought the from is not able to identify cause and can’t roll back update and referred back to Kia

2021 seltos new nov 21
Hi all, Same issues with 2022 GT, fix was replament dash module. Bad news 1. Part is dispatched from Korea 2. You can't drive your car as dash needs to be programmed with your current KMs .
My wait was 2.5 months without the car, lead time may be less now but that was Oct 22. It's frustrating and painful but I am glad I had it repaired. I did get a bit of slippage at first with service techs trying simple fixes but in the end I politely said to the service girls that I escalated to Kia Corporate unless the service manager responds. Also very import keep a log of faults and video evidence you can put on USB for Tech's. Good Luck.

5 Posts
Hi all, Same issues with 2022 GT, fix was replament dash module. Bad news 1. Part is dispatched from Korea 2. You can't drive your car as dash needs to be programmed with your current KMs .
My wait was 2.5 months without the car, lead time may be less now but that was Oct 22. It's frustrating and painful but I am glad I had it repaired. I did get a bit of slippage at first with service techs trying simple fixes but in the end I politely said to the service girls that I escalated to Kia Corporate unless the service manager responds. Also very import keep a log of faults and video evidence you can put on USB for Tech's. Good Luck.
Thanks! I picked up the car from the service center last night. They again said it would be 7 to 10 days for the part to come in and they will call to schedule the replacement. It only happens when I try to use onboard Nav so if this goes on longer than the 2 weeks I'll use Apple Car Play if I need to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts