Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the dash yet to get to the radio. I am wanting to connect my subs and can not find anything on removing the dash. If anyone has done this or has any pics would be awesome.
Thanks

·
167 Posts
Hey @Bhamseltos. I haven't done anything like that unfortunately. But I'm sure someone more tech savvy than me will have an answer. What kind of subs are you trying to connect?

·
2021 Kia Seltos S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just 2 jbl subs and a jbl amp. I normally always do everything myself. But I can't find anything for the dash removal. So I can wire up the LOC and remote wire.

·
30 Posts
There is a video of a radio replacement on a India Seltos on YouTube. While the appearance is different of the head units they use, the means to access the radio should be the same. You start popping dash trim pieces to get access. It's in Hindi I think but you don't need to understand what they are saying. Just watch.

·
2021 Kia Seltos S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I have seen several of these videos and never came across this one. I love how it just fell off for them but I was doing the same with mine and was not near like that. Every time I went to pull felt like it was about to snap. Lol

·
214 Posts
Thanks. I have seen several of these videos and never came across this one. I love how it just fell off for them but I was doing the same with mine and was not near like that. Every time I went to pull felt like it was about to snap. Lol
I admire your courage. I have always been afraid I would break something so I never tried to unsnap any panel unless it is absolutely necessary. :)

·
30 Posts
It came off easy for the installer because they do it all the time. They don't have the fear factor that an owner has. The dealer can order spare trim pieces and they would typically be the first part to break. That should suppress the fear factor somewhat. Use the force required start from low to high and just go for it. It's all replaceable parts. Just make sure you start out using proper, plastic bone tools and not screw drivers. Work the parameters of the trim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts