Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up last Thursday. Dealer told me it came with XM which it didn't. Negotiated to have a hitch installed, mainly for a bike rack. Loving it so far.

·
29 Posts
Picked up last Thursday. Dealer told me it came with XM which it didn't. Negotiated to have a hitch installed, mainly for a bike rack. Loving it so far.
Congrats on your new purchase. If you have XM radio subscription already or call and sign up I believe you can use xm radio app through Seltos infotainment system.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on your new purchase. If you have XM radio subscription already or call and sign up I believe you can use xm radio app through Seltos infotainment system.
That's what the dealer suggested as well but I do not have an unlimited data plan. The point is he told me the vehicle had something it does not and they compensated me for the mistake.

·
29 Posts
That's what the dealer suggested as well but I do not have an unlimited data plan. The point is he told me the vehicle had something it does not and they compensated me for the mistake.
I am glad to hear the dealer at least compensated you. If you ever get unlimited data, perhaps you can try it. In my 2016 Kia Soul I tried using the XM app with unlimited data but it was not a pleasant experience. It was unusable actually. So I am skeptical about that combination for me, going forward.
Otherwise, how are you enjoying the Kia Seltos? I have not purchased the Seltos yet. I don't see any on the road in NY? Have you seen any or many? This has me a bit reluctant. I think it would be a good vehicle, based upon the Kia Soul quality and reliability. I am between the Seltos and exploring the Mazda CX-30. Haven't ruled out the Honda CRV or HRV because i have had a few CRVs previously.
Anyway, best of luck with your new Seltos. Enjoy the ride.

·
104 Posts
I am glad to hear the dealer at least compensated you. If you ever get unlimited data, perhaps you can try it. In my 2016 Kia Soul I tried using the XM app with unlimited data but it was not a pleasant experience. It was unusable actually. So I am skeptical about that combination for me, going forward.
Otherwise, how are you enjoying the Kia Seltos? I have not purchased the Seltos yet. I don't see any on the road in NY? Have you seen any or many? This has me a bit reluctant. I think it would be a good vehicle, based upon the Kia Soul quality and reliability. I am between the Seltos and exploring the Mazda CX-30. Haven't ruled out the Honda CRV or HRV because i have had a few CRVs previously.
XM is the only thing I listen to. If you want XM, contact CRUTCHFIELD at 888 955 6000 and tell them what you have and what you want. They make it very easy to have XM Radio.

·
29 Posts
XM is the only thing I listen to. If you want XM, contact CRUTCHFIELD at 888 955 6000 and tell them what you have and what you want. They make it very easy to have XM Radio.
Thank you for the Crutchfield suggestion. i have shopped with them before and they are a solid company. So I called and spoke to a rep. They haven't had any dealing with this yet. Their tech/research team is looking into infotainment systems in 2021 vehicles as I discussed with the rep. If i want to install a new tuner in the Seltos it seems like that could be a possible option. When I decide which vehicle i want hopefully i can attempt to connect my iphone and see if it communicates with the infotainment system. Which Kia are you currently driving and do you see any Seltos on the roadways near you? I haven't seen any in NY or Long Island. Although the Seltos seems to be a nice possibility it would be reassuring to see some on the road, parking lots or train stations etc..... Again thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

·
104 Posts
Thank you for the Crutchfield suggestion. i have shopped with them before and they are a solid company. So I called and spoke to a rep. They haven't had any dealing with this yet. Their tech/research team is looking into infotainment systems in 2021 vehicles as I discussed with the rep. If i want to install a new tuner in the Seltos it seems like that could be a possible option. When I decide which vehicle i want hopefully i can attempt to connect my iphone and see if it communicates with the infotainment system. Which Kia are you currently driving and do you see any Seltos on the roadways near you? I haven't seen any in NY or Long Island. Although the Seltos seems to be a nice possibility it would be reassuring to see some on the road, parking lots or train stations etc..... Again thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
If anyone can make it work, it's Crutchfield. Hope you can make it work. Let me know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts