Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all members.I just put a down payment on a 2023 EX (Canadian Non Premium Version).I really hope the reliability is as good as I expect. The change from GDI to MPI was one reason why I put it on my shortlist but the CVT was not something I was not wanting in a drivetrain but everything else checked all my boxes.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think back in 2014 the Soul had a 2.0 GDI up to 2019 I think today it has the same 2.0 MPI as the Seltos and Kona. Yes GDI is more efficient but the valves get carbon build up that's why we are seeing more engines with MPI and Dual Port Direct-Injection today
Cars with dual injection

Dual Fuel Delivery Systems: PFI Combined With GDI
  • Redesigned Ford 3.5L EcoBoost and V6 engines.
  • Lexus 2GR-FSE engines.
  • Audi's VW Group 3.0-liter V-6 and 5.2-liter V-10 engines.
  • Toyota's 2.0-liter in-line four-cylinder engines built by Subaru, and D4-S 3.5-liter V6 and 5.0-liter V-8 engines.

·
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
196 Posts
Unfortunately, North Americans don't drive their vehicles anywhere near hard enough to get the head temps up to the point where a lot of that shit burns off. The short stop and go commutes and bumper to bumper traffic play havoc with any engine...GDI especially.
Fortunately for me, I intend to stick with Kia Canada's ridiculous short 5 to 6K oil change regime and I only have the vehicle leased for 3 years / 60k anyways...

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
168 Posts
Good point that Speedtek22 brought up. My advice to anyone else is, if you drive in a lot of traffice/stop & go type driving, the GDI, dual clutch is not for you. I have the SX turbo and people just have to get used to the jumping trans from 1st to 2nd gears.

·
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
196 Posts
Good point that Speedtek22 brought up. My advice to anyone else is, if you drive in a lot of traffice/stop & go type driving, the GDI, dual clutch is not for you. I have the SX turbo and people just have to get used to the jumping trans from 1st to 2nd gears.
Or just drive it like you stole it...problem solved... 🤣 :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts