Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself and join the Seltos Forum community! I bought an SX AWD in Neptune Blue a little over a week ago and am a very happy owner. I do miss a few of the features my traded in Oprima SXL had but over-all I'm happy. Here's a picture I took of my Seltos on a beach in Florida! It's my first ever blue car and this color is amazing! It looks awesome in any light!

·
217 Posts
Welcome @PhotogBill222 and congrats on your new Seltos! The blue really suits it. Out of curiosity, which features in your Optima do you wish the Seltos came with?

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were several:
The biggest would be driver seat memory with automatic seat slide back when turning the car engine off. I have relatively short legs and prefer to have the seat forward when driving & the steering wheel all the way out. Without this feature, it's an effort to enter & exit the vehicle without banging my knees into the under-dash and or steering column.
Number 2 would be a simple regular horn beep (instead of the quieter door-locking beep) after a second click of the door lock button on the key fob ... so that you can hear the lock confirmation from a much longer distance fro the car ...and can't visually see the bumper lights flash for confirmation. Ideally, I'd really like the side mirrors to fold in automatically as well when the doors lock as visual confirmation from a distance. I guess I'm a bit paranoid & anal when it comes to locking my car doors!
Number 3 would be having the side-view mirrors tilt down so you can see the parking lines, to help guide you straight into parking spaces when backing up. I had that feature on my Optima & prior Dodge Charger and miss it on my Seltos. Surround / 4-way camera view would be a luxury bonus that I enjoyed on my Optima SXL but realize that might be asking too much on a car at this price point. I DO like the better and wider-angle rear-view camera angle on the Seltos though. It's also much better at night, in the dark, when backing up!
Number 4 would be to have all my iPod Mimi's album/song pictures viewable & the ability to show & select my lists (Playlists, Albums, Artist, Songs, etc.) on the touch screen. I would gladly trade off the speaker light-show for this feature! I can see my song titles on the dash touch screen but no album photos and no way to search my playlists, etc. from the touch screen itself. I can only advance to the next or prior song. I'm surprised and disappointed in that missed feature.
Number 5 would be a 4-way lumbar control with up and down positioning ... instead of only in and out.
I know I'm sounding picky and ungrateful for all the features that the Seltos DOES have but after having these features, plus more, on my Optima I guess I was a little spoiled!
There are many features and conveniences I DO like on the Seltos over the Optima though. The overall view of the road would be one, especially cars in lanes next to you. Sitting up higher also helps with that. Except for the #1 missed feature above, it is a lot easier getting into and out of the vehicle since it's on the same level as I am when standing next to the doorway. I don't have to get 'down' into the car ...and get 'up' out of it when entering and exiting the car. I extremely like the access into the cargo area far better on the Seltos as well as the cargo space not limited to a 'trunk'. I can't tell you how many times I banged my head into the trunk lid on my Optima when bending over to put things in the trunk to quickly ...or even into the roof-line of the door-way when getting into the Optima. I like the fact that you can 'slide' the center console armrest forward for a more comfortable position.

I'm not intending to sound like I regret my purchase decision because I don't ....All in all ...I like the Seltos a lot and although I miss the features mentioned above ...There are many that I like and appreciate in the Seltos ...and some are the same features my Optima had such as the Auto-Hold feature when waiting at a traffic light. The larger navigation & touch screen & android App work better in the Seltos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts