Kia Seltos Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

19 Posts
Wow..! Who knew..? Now you've advised of this, I did find this in the manual, but without knowing it was possible, unless one read the manual cover to cover, you could well miss this info. It qualifies as a Rumsfeld. An 'unknown, unknown', in my view. Unless the dealer advised about it..? Mine obviously didn't.

As it was, although I found out how to extract the key from the fob, and I found the recess under the driver side door handle, I was unable to actually achieve the opening of that part of the handle, no matter what I did, so it would still have me stranded by the roadside, if the battery/fob failed on a dark night. Has anyone else managed to actually open their locked door in this manner. It is quite an important feature really. I imagine, as there is definitely no key slot in the car when it has the Start/Stop button, that once in via the key - if you can get in, that is - the button would then work and start the engine..?

PS. My door handles are in polished stainless steel, not the car colour paint. Should that matter..? I was concerned about the force apparently needed and the risk of scratching the handle or door.
My dealer called me today and he said it came from the TOP that the missing key fobs will be distributed in the next 45 days. My dealer is in southern Indiana.

1 Posts
We also bought a 2023 seltos in August 2022 here in NC with only 1 fob and 2 keys I have been back and forth with the dealer and Kia America always same answer it will be shipped to you and when it comes in bring it to dealer to be programed. 5 months and still no fob. I've looked a new one up online it's over $300. If I have to go that route I'll be forcing dealership to reimburse me for it.

2023 EX
57 Posts
We also bought a 2023 seltos in August 2022 here in NC with only 1 fob and 2 keys I have been back and forth with the dealer and Kia America always same answer it will be shipped to you and when it comes in bring it to dealer to be programed. 5 months and still no fob. I've looked a new one up online it's over $300. If I have to go that route I'll be forcing dealership to reimburse me for it.
Same for many of us but doubt KIA would reimburse you.

9 Posts
They definitely can get an FOB is it ever becomes an issue with losing a key. My dealer is more dysfunctional and the sales people bumped the FOB question to the service department who actually ordered a FOB for me and said it would arrive next day. But I guess later in the day they found out how it works for us new buyers, and called me to say I would have to wait for mine to come from “Kia”.

1 Posts
I purchased 2023 Seltos (Chicago) in Oct ‘22 and after signing papers given one fob and valet key and told 2nd fob would be sent from Kia Corporate within a month. I still don’t have it and have called dealer twice to check on it - now being told it should be here within first quarter. I asked how they had a 2nd key with no fob and they couldn’t give me an answer. This is very frustrating - I think they lost it and won’t admit it. I asked why they can’t just program one for me and they acted like it would be very expensive for ME!!! If it comes down to me having to get one on my own I’ll raise hell with Kia to pay for it.

1 Posts
Never heard of such a thing, it comes from the factory with two key fobs.. They probably lost it. They should make you a new one (properly programmed to your car), as getting one yourself is expensive. Not sure that I would trust that dealer going forward.
It's not on the dealer, the dealership can't be blamed, this is a Kia issue. I work at a dealership and I sold a couple cSeltos w only ne key and with a notice from Kia saying they would contact the customer directly when the 2nd key was ready. My customers are still waiting but how is that the dealership's fault? Why are you blaming the dealership?

2023 EX
57 Posts
It's not on the dealer, the dealership can't be blamed, this is a Kia issue. I work at a dealership and I sold a couple cSeltos w only ne key and with a notice from Kia saying they would contact the customer directly when the 2nd key was ready. My customers are still waiting but how is that the dealership's fault? Why are you blaming the dealership?
Agree except I was told the second FOB would come to the dealership first and then they would contact me. I’m going to contact them in mid-February as it would be three months.

2 Posts
I doubt it…
Frankly, so do I. I'm not a lawyer. However, if there are 10's of thousands of people that paid for a product and did not receive it, there is precedence. Here in the US, anyway. I specifically asked if we would receive two FOBs when we purchased the vehicle, and the answer was, "Yes!" I've seen prices from $300-$800 for FOBs. If you have 10,000 people on a class action and price it at $400, that would be 4 Million just for the FOBs; then there are other fees KIA could be liable for as well. Still, that's small potatoes as far as class actions go. Anyway, I hope they're being honest and the FOBs will come to us soon. Peace out! ✌

9 Posts
Doubt they lost it as most dealers (not just KIA) are giving customers just one FOB. Remember you can use the KIA Connect app to do the same and more as your FOB.
Not all models have KIA Connect. I have an S model and it doesn’t come with Kia Connect per dealer when I asked them about that as a patch until my second key comes

9 Posts
I’m only blaming them for not telling me until after I paid and signed all the papers and was sitting in the new car waiting for them to bring me the keys when they told me. 6 months and I’m still waiting. I would’ve bought another model honestly if I had know this.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts