Kia Seltos Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
22 Posts
There is this changelog: Notice | Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website and if it were just the purple menus, I wouldn't mind, but there's no mention of the removal of widgets or the new home screen or radio styles. Luckily I haven't updated yet, and I think I'll be waiting to see what the next update brings.
Did you notice this conveniently placed in the fine-print?

Obviously, I don't know what features are removed until I install the irreversible update!

·
1 Posts
I thought I would add my 2 cents to this discussion.

I had hoped that the latest firmware would've resolved an issue I have with profiles and the head up display. To my dismay it didn't and now I'm left with a home screen that can't be configured, a map on the home screen that I can't see (too dark), and worst of all I believe the sensors in my vehicle have become very sensitive to the point that I'm getting notified that I'm about to have a front on collision.

I have tried to address these issues with Kia Australia but they claim that they are at the mercy of the product team (whatever that means) and for some reason the product team just doesn't respond to them.

If you are reading this and are considering updating to the latest version, don't do it!
Yes..don't do it. I got told it was just a map update so agreed. Didn't realise it would change everything including the driver assist. Hate it, was happy with old system not this crap, really feel like hand g the keys back!! It's not what I bought anymore and have no control.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX
13 Posts
Yes..don't do it. I got told it was just a map update so agreed. Didn't realise it would change everything including the driver assist. Hate it, was happy with old system not this crap, really feel like hand g the keys back!! It's not what I bought anymore and have no control.
Im just curious, how did it affect driver assist?

·
154 Posts
Mine didn't change any safety stuff - smart cruise etc all still works - it's the maps and entertainment that changed. Hopefully, there is a March update that will change some things like the crazy radio screen that doesn't show the Sirius channel name any more (just shows the Sirius channel number - a big miss!). I've kind of adjusted to the Purple Wasteland home screen look - I think it calms my wife down, but you're right - it doesn't match the "three widget" screen that the manual talks about............

·
22 Posts
Doug, you mention a March update - do you have some Secret Squirrel inside info? Or just hoping?

(Unlike you, I have not adjusted to the Purple Wasteland - it grates every time I get in the car)

·
154 Posts
Hahaha.....gotta peace out man! I'm old and retired so I am more malleable.... When they called me about another incident, or maybe this one, the Kia person mentioned 1) update possibly as early as March.... 2) they have heard the feedback about losing the three widget windows.... So....not sure... Your chillin' retiree... DT

·
22 Posts
March update would be exciting! Which one of us will be volunteering to be the first guinea pig?

I'm betting the new new update will take away electric windows, or disable cylinder number 4, or similar.

·
154 Posts
haha...you are very creative! We could always hope for wireless Android Auto but maybe only the smaller screens might get that at some point... I'm happy to give it a shot when it's ready... Will give a full book report.

·
154 Posts
Here's what the November 2020 update gave us - hard to tell what version... They don't seem to have any "preview of what's new" for this v15.0 in April yet...

·
124 Posts
Here's what the November 2020 update gave us - hard to tell what version... They don't seem to have any "preview of what's new" for this v15.0 in April yet...

View attachment 720
View attachment 721
My 2021 Seltos SX Turbo (USA) has the map version NAM.13.47.44.680.201 and I’m happy with the color scheme of the screen, the home screen is split into three, and full screen apple carplay can be can be split into two. I already downloaded the latest version NAM.13.47.50.610.201 and copied it into a USB drive but I’m not going to update because it will give me that ugly purple color scheme.

So guys, if you have map version NAM.13.47.44.680.201, don’t update.

Updare: I just sent an email to [email protected] to complain about the purple color scheme in the new update. I also asked if there is a way to update just the map data because some expressways have increased speed limits from 70 to 75 mph (some from 75 to 80 mph).

·
154 Posts
Interested to see if they reply to you. Thank you. The map updates are also important for the highway driving assist feature if that is of interest to people. I don't think they could separate out the maps myself. We'll see.

·
124 Posts
Interested to see if they reply to you. Thank you. The map updates are also important for the highway driving assist feature if that is of interest to people. I don't think they could separate out the maps myself. We'll see.
Yes! I got an automatic response from a robot with assigned ticket and that a representative will review my complaint and I will get an email after 2 business days. It’s Saturday, March 27, 2021, so I’m expecting a reply from a “representative” on Wednesday, 31-Mar-2021. We’ll see.

·
124 Posts
Yes! I got an automatic response from a robot with assigned ticket and that a representative will review my complaint and I will get an email after 2 business days. It’s Saturday, March 27, 2021, so I’m expecting a reply from a “representative” on Wednesday, 31-Mar-2021. We’ll see.
This the response I received yesterday:

==================================
”Hello

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately there is no way to update just your Maps. The Map update only comes as a combined software and map data update .

I am very sorry for any trouble this has caused. Please keep an eye on future updates to see if the changes you do not like were corrected.

Thanks for reaching out. Have a great a day!

Respectfully,
Jonathan”
====================================

·
154 Posts
Yep, no surprise - it's all integrated. I heard there may be an update in April - that will be interesting as aways... DT

·
124 Posts
Yep, no surprise - it's all integrated. I heard there may be an update in April - that will be interesting as aways... DT
I will surely wait for reviews on that version before I download it. Their download server is very slow! I have 220 mbps cable Internet but their server only gave me up to 60 kbps download speed.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX
13 Posts
I will surely wait for reviews on that version before I download it. Their download server is very slow! I have 220 mbps cable Internet but their server only gave me up to 60 kbps download speed.
Same here, luckilly i saw these posts before i went ahead and did the update.

·
154 Posts
See
for my experience installing the April 2021 s/w update yesterday....... Not much change, but looking into "Soundhound"...?

81 - 100 of 109 Posts