Kia Seltos Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
2 Posts
I just completed this and I am very disappointed to have done so. If KIA had supplied information on the new look - yuck! - and changes - some yuck some meh.

There appears to be no way to change the color theme which is a strange neon purple. In addition, the home screen which was able to be split in 3 is not available apparently.

KIA please send us owners information on the update prior to us deciding to update.
I made the unfortunate move of updating my 2021 Seltos and now have the ugly purple screen with nothing on it.
Anyone figure out how to go back to the way it was? I'm ready to email the CEO of KIA over this! A map update shouldn't change the entire infotainment system

·
19 Posts
I bit the bullet and have installed the May 2021 Aus update...

Notice | Official Kia Navigation Update Website

As yet, I can't see any monumental changes over the dopey November 2020 update.

Sounds of Nature seems to have disappeared - no big deal.
Wireless CarPlay did not magically appear as recently reported by others.
Alas, three widget home screen did not make a comeback.

As if the Purple Wasteland screen could be any worse! What is this throbbing, pulsating bar?

It is incredibly distracting while driving.

·
130 Posts
I made the unfortunate move of updating my 2021 Seltos and now have the ugly purple screen with nothing on it.
Anyone figure out how to go back to the way it was? I'm ready to email the CEO of KIA over this! A map update shouldn't change the entire infotainment system
It's more of a general software update for more things than just the infotainment s/w. Enough people have asked to know that there's no way to go back. If you want to map updates which people presumably do, you have to take the whole thing as a package. The purple wasteland kind of grows on some people, maybe you too!

·
130 Posts
I bit the bullet and have installed the May 2021 Aus update...

Notice | Official Kia Navigation Update Website

As yet, I can't see any monumental changes over the dopey November 2020 update.

Sounds of Nature seems to have disappeared - no big deal.
Wireless CarPlay did not magically appear as recently reported by others.
Alas, three widget home screen did not make a comeback.

As if the Purple Wasteland screen could be any worse! What is this throbbing, pulsating bar?

View attachment 891

It is incredibly distracting while driving.
In the US, April update: no sign of wireless AA - wouldn't hold my breath on that.... Still have S of Nature. Of course, no three widget screens any more.... I was intrigued by your throbbing and pulsing bar...haha. I experimented and with AM, FM, Sirius it is indeed continuously throbbing as your pic shows. With playing music from USB or Bluetooth, however, it changes to an indication where you are for that track...here's an example of each. First one is about 1/4 of the way through - second one is about 3/4 way though - hard to see...

·
19 Posts
Here's a little glitch I noticed in the May 2021 update...

I used to have the speed in my HUD display set to green. After the update, it's orange.

Selecting green on this screen...

...does nothing. It just reverts to orange.

Further, selecting white results in...

Similarly, setting the number size (small, medium, large) does not work.

Can someone please verify this behaviour?

·
130 Posts
In the USA, we don’t have HUD even in the highest trim level of 2021 Seltos.
Exactly, regarding us not having it in the US (among other features). You should probably call the Kia customer service for your country though and let them know. Sounds like a testing failure with the new software

·
19 Posts
You should probably call the Kia customer service for your country
Ha! Good one, Doug. I have zero confidence in Kia Australia taking any complaint/suggestion seriously - especially after the three-homescreen-widget debacle earlier this year.

I filled in the contact form on the MapNSoft website. Even it is flakey! No confirmation of submission received, no email confirmation either. I would suggest my correspondence has disappeared into the Kia ether.

·
130 Posts
Ha! Good one, Doug. I have zero confidence in Kia Australia taking any complaint/suggestion seriously - especially after the three-homescreen-widget debacle earlier this year.

I filled in the contact form on the MapNSoft website. Even it is flakey! No confirmation of submission received, no email confirmation either. I would suggest my correspondence has disappeared into the Kia ether.
Right, but you have discovered what looks like a bona fide bug. We can only hope that they are interested in those.... And if they aren't, that's very sad indeed. 😭🇦🇺🦘🌏🇳🇫🪃

101 - 109 of 109 Posts