Kia Seltos Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
430 Posts
Weird. I have used it about 20 times so far. No problem. I like how one click will lock, start, climate control, and seats. Hopefully it will continue to work.
Mine has been very hit or miss and will often just time out with no contact.
It would be nice if it was more consistent, especially with remote start, as that would give you feedback that the vehicle is actually running. I don’t like the fact that when you do a remote start with the key, you get 3 hazard flashes and then nothing. No lights on, no running lights, nada…it’s very difficult to tell if it worked or not, as I have had times when it didn’t.

2023 KIA Seltos SX
213 Posts
I don’t like the fact that when you do a remote start with the key, you get 3 hazard flashes and then nothing.
Remind me of the key combo. Now that I say that, I feel a little dumb. I know there are four buttons on the keyfob, but I've only ever used lock and unlock. No idea what the others are. Likely one of them is the remote start.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
231 Posts
Remind me of the key combo. Now that I say that, I feel a little dumb. I know there are four buttons on the keyfob, but I've only ever used lock and unlock. No idea what the others are. Likely one of them is the remote start.
SHCS, you have to activate the lock button, even if it is already locked, then press the hold button, (third one down, below the unlock), and hold for two seconds only. Then you see the parklight flashes and it starts, but yes, there is no visual sign it is running after that. You just have to listen, or if not close enough, have faith it is running, like you have that the refrigerator light goes out when you close the door. 😬

· Super Moderator
430 Posts
SHCS, you have to activate the lock button, even if it is already locked, then press the hold button, (third one down, below the unlock), and hold for two seconds only. Then you see the parklight flashes and it starts, but yes, there is no visual sign it is running after that. You just have to listen, or if not close enough, have faith it is running, like you have that the refrigerator light goes out when you close the door. 😬
SHCS’s remote start is undoubtedly in the middle of one side of the key fob like mine…the rest of the procedure is the same…

Attachments

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
231 Posts
You said third one below the lock…I would infer that you’re referring to the side row of buttons (lock, unlock, panic)
Nope. My fob is exactly like yours. So, third one down (including the lock button) places one on the 'hold' button. To quote..."activate the lock button, even if it is already locked, then press the hold button, (third one down, below the unlock), and hold for two seconds only." So, we're both saying the same thing, but in a slightly different way. I'm sure SHCS got it anyway..?

· Super Moderator
430 Posts
Nope. My fob is exactly like yours. So, third one down (including the lock button) places one on the 'hold' button. To quote..."activate the lock button, even if it is already locked, then press the hold button, (third one down, below the unlock), and hold for two seconds only." So, we're both saying the same thing, but in a slightly different way. I'm sure SHCS got it anyway..?
You know Aussies are weird, right? 😂🤣

21 - 31 of 31 Posts