Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up two seltos ex's.

First reaction, great. After a couple of days. I'm thoroughly miss my 2014 kia soul+

:/

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few reasons.
  • Basic hands free bluetooth voice commands.
  • Built in nav (thought I wouldn't miss it. Due to using Google maps).
  • More head room.
  • Better stereo
The EX seemed fine until I was a few days into driving it. Then things started to really sink in. Like how the wireless charger is awkward to reach and get a phone in and out of when the vehicle is in park. Or how it now seems ridiculous to have a wireless charger but still need to connect a wire to your phone to make the display anymore than useless. And I completely don't understand why we don't even have basic voice commands without a using Google auto.

In the end I've figured out this. If you want AWD, maybe 6 more inches in length in then cargo area and driving assistance. Then get a seltos, but if you want more a more features / daily used functionality and a lower price tag. Then get a kia soul.

I think once there's a 3rd party stereo replacement or the wireless indigo kit for Google auto arrives. I'll be in a better spot. But right now I've missing the daily basics I thought I live without in exchange for AWD.

·
44 Posts
A few reasons.
  • Basic hands free bluetooth voice commands.
  • Built in nav (thought I wouldn't miss it. Due to using Google maps).
  • More head room.
  • Better stereo
The EX seemed fine until I was a few days into driving it. Then things started to really sink in. Like how the wireless charger is awkward to reach and get a phone in and out of when the vehicle is in park. Or how it now seems ridiculous to have a wireless charger but still need to connect a wire to your phone to make the display anymore than useless. And I completely don't understand why we don't even have basic voice commands without a using Google auto.

In the end I've figured out this. If you want AWD, maybe 6 more inches in length in then cargo area and driving assistance. Then get a seltos, but if you want more a more features / daily used functionality and a lower price tag. Then get a kia soul.

I think once there's a 3rd party stereo replacement or the wireless indigo kit for Google auto arrives. I'll be in a better spot. But right now I've missing the daily basics I thought I live without in exchange for AWD.
Hi. I have a Seltos and am 6 foot 3 and have plenty of room above my head. In fact I have plenty of leg room too. With my drive height adjusted to ultra comfortable I still have 2 drop levels to go in lowering it! And if I put my hand on my head there are a good several inches to go till I can touch or feel the ceiling of it.
The head room and leg room were the first 2 things that won me over.
How tall are you? And sorry to ask buy why when you drove it to test drive did you buy it if you had no decent headroom! To me headroom and legroom were the first things I noticed, looked at and ticked off or on when test driving my potential buys!
Sorry but seens ultra odd for a tall person to buy a car that they think has headroom issues!
If I got into anything that made me question space id tick it off the list and was why I laughed at the Mitsubushis I tried to get in to. And I mean "tried"!
Sorry dude, struggling to buy your story. No tall guy buys a car with crap headroom, its the very first thing a tall guy goes for and was the "prime" thing I looked at before I test drove anything.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 6'4 and sure after getting into the seltos, sure there's "enough" head room. Less than a soul and way less than a soul with a panoramic sun roof.

In our old souls we could almost literally just jump in. With the seltos the we're bumping into the top of the door frame if we're not thinking about it.

In this case the test drive was counter to helping us choose the seltos. Test drives do little to really simulate how you'd use the vehicle on a daily basis. This was a great example, during our test drives we where never ina hurry to get into the vehicle. But as our daily drivers we had these experiences (like when it's raining).

Overall we wanted a AWD vehicle for the winters and we wanted to stick with KIA. This was our primary goal and the seltos fits the bill. It's like I said the seltos is a stripped down basic daily driver compared to a comparable cheaper soul.

·
44 Posts
I'm 6'4 and sure after getting into the seltos, sure there's "enough" head room. Less than a soul and way less than a soul with a panoramic sun roof.

In our old souls we could almost literally just jump in. With the seltos the we're bumping into the top of the door frame if we're not thinking about it.

In this case the test drive was counter to helping us choose the seltos. Test drives do little to really simulate how you'd use the vehicle on a daily basis. This was a great example, during our test drives we where never ina hurry to get into the vehicle. But as our daily drivers we had these experiences (like when it's raining).

Overall we wanted a AWD vehicle for the winters and we wanted to stick with KIA. This was our primary goal and the seltos fits the bill. It's like I said the seltos is a stripped down basic daily driver compared to a comparable cheaper soul.
Ok, fair enough if its a comparison I guess like a quick get in. My decision was getting in taking my time and in it feeling above my head which to me was all good. I suppose we have all got different ways. Mine was for my bad back and I felt the Seltos suited me great in and out and especially leg room which felt way better than my Aussie Nissan Xtrail. I felt and still do, that getting out of the Seltos is easier. Getting in no different. But I guess and concede that, that to some other tall drivers, just a bit taller like yourself, may find things different after a while. I have found seats to be honest that once felt great in the past I didnt like, like the Xtrail, had it for 7 years and never felt right in it. But love these Seltos seats and drive position.
So hey, ok I get it and no bad intended after thinking about.
The entry must be a bit different I guess, never tried to get into a Soul. Kia specs show the headroom of the Seltos a smidge better, smidge, than the Soul. The actual door entry must be different not the actual headroom measurements.
Below, Left Seltos...Right Soul.
So Seltos is not less as you say. Do you have the specs of the headroom given by Kia in your soul you had?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts