Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anybody else run into this? I will research something for days, sometimes weeks or even months, before buying it, ESPECIALLY when it's a big commitment. I get a sense of the bigger issues I might run into, only to be surprised by something small! Sometimes it's easier to find out about big problems or inconveniences than the little ones.

What's one thing you wish you had known before buying your Seltos?

~MR 馃槉

2023 SX Gravity Gray
It's a small issue, but it seems you cannot use Android Auto and listen to Sat Radio or FM at the same time. If Android Auto is on the screen, you must listen to something from your Android device. My previous vehicle was not this way.

If I'm mistaken/missing something, someone please correct me and tell me how you do it.

Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
It's a small issue, but it seems you cannot use Android Auto and listen to Sat Radio or FM at the same time. If Android Auto is on the screen, you must listen to something from your Android device. My previous vehicle was not this way.

If I'm mistaken/missing something, someone please correct me and tell me how you do it.
Yeah, I think that's an Android thing all right. I seem to recall SHCS saying something similar.
On the flip side, both work fine with CarPlay running.

2023 SX Gravity Gray
Yeah, I think that's an Android thing all right. I seem to recall SHCS saying something similar.
On the flip side, both work fine with CarPlay running.
Well that's frustrating. I listened to FM radio while running Android Auto all the time in my previous vehicle. :cautious:

On the plus side, I've started listening to podcasts on Spotify a lot more. :D

2023 SX Gravity Gray
Oh, I forgot one.

There's no audible reverse sensors / combination with the backup camera. And/Or auto-braking when in reverse.

While in reverse, my wife's 2021 Nissan Rouge beeps when you get close to an object. Then if you're about 1" away from it, the vehicle slams on the brakes.

Even if the Seltos doesn't auto-brake, audible beeps have been around for two decades...

Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
Yeah, they don't have any rear sensors for that, just the rear x-traffic and I think they're utilizing CCTV motion detection on the backup camera for that. Come to think of it, I haven't noticed any of the usual little round cutouts for blind spot sensors either (or for the exit safety detection), where are they hiding those? side mirrors maybe?

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
Oh, I forgot one.

There's no audible reverse sensors / combination with the backup camera. And/Or auto-braking when in reverse.

While in reverse, my wife's 2021 Nissan Rouge beeps when you get close to an object. Then if you're about 1" away from it, the vehicle slams on the brakes.

Even if the Seltos doesn't auto-brake, audible beeps have been around for two decades...
That's odd. My 2020 GT-Line, (= your SX), not only has reversing beeps but definitely reverse auto braking. Had quite an argument with adult son, who was in the rear, when one night, leaving a restaurant, I was carefully backing out of a park in a rather dimly lit carpark, and aware there was a car behind me over a not very wide access way between us, so being guided by the beeps, and was sure I was ok. Suddenly the car jerked to a hault quite suddenly, just as if you had hit something. I knew I couldn't have - son was convinced I had. Got out - checked, no mark on either car but I had pulled forward, so distance apart then was no help. It was only later, after the car had done this a couple more times, like when I absolutely knew I had not hit that pole in the carpark, that I realised it has not trusted my judgement, so slammed on the brakes, just in case. Love it..!

鈥 Heated outside rear view mirrors would have been nice in my 'higher level' EX.
鈥 No sunglasses cubby near the front dome light.
鈥 That silly indicator light that stays on because you have to engage it for the interior light to operate like a normal car would when the doors open. Can't figure the logic behind that.
鈥 No remote rear hatch release. Really?
鈥 Taillights don't stay on after remote starting. I have to look for exhaust fumes to see that it's still running.
鈥 Finally, the fact that wireless Carplay exists in the smaller 8" screen but not the 10.25" screen just boggles my mind.

Yeah, pretty much all little things. And despite them all, I still really like the vehicle.

Yeah, they don't have any rear sensors for that, just the rear x-traffic and I think they're utilizing CCTV motion detection on the backup camera for that. Come to think of it, I haven't noticed any of the usual little round cutouts for blind spot sensors either (or for the exit safety detection), where are they hiding those? side mirrors maybe?
Check again Speed. See my response to Firebirdude.

鈥 Heated outside rear view mirrors would have been nice in my 'higher level' EX.
鈥 No sunglasses cubby near the front dome light.
鈥 That silly indicator light that stays on because you have to engage it for the interior light to operate like a normal car would when the doors open. Can't figure the logic behind that.
鈥 No remote rear hatch release. Really?
鈥 Taillights don't stay on after remote starting. I have to look for exhaust fumes to see that it's still running.
鈥 Finally, the fact that wireless Carplay exists in the smaller 8" screen but not the 10.25" screen just boggles my mind.

Yeah, pretty much all little things. And despite them all, I still really like the vehicle.
Finally, the fact that wireless Carplay exists in the smaller 8" screen but not the 10.25" screen just boggles my mind.
Carlink3 fixes that nicely Benmobile.

Well, yeah, I could pay extra for a lot of things. If no version had it, I could almost understand. But when the lower level has it and the higher level doesn't, that's the kicker. At this point, having it isn't worth an extra $100+ to me.

2023 KIA Seltos SX
Since this has become a 'what I wish it had thread' ...

I'd trade the stupid accent lights over the grill for a programable garage door opener button.

I'd trade the STUPID, yes STUPID SX wheels for ... well just about anything. The accents on the lip extend so far out they extend beyond the tire's rim guard. I doubt anyone will make it a year without at least rashing one.

I'd move the phone charger to the slot next to the cup holders. Extend the slot a bit in length, slant the side so the phone rests flush. I find the current location un-intuitive. Can't tell you how many times I've left my phone in there. An alternative would be to change the 'dong' and dash message to an audible 'device in charger' voice message.

I'd trade the rear heated seats for a power liftgate. I don't even like my kids, I don't care if their tushies aren't toasty. They can have that when they buy their own car.

2023 KIA Seltos SX
And while we're talking about how KIA cheats features ...

The rear passenger seat sensor isn't a sensor at all. All it does is detect whether the rear doors opened on a given trip. For work, I put my bag in the back seat for easy access. So I get that stupid message EVERY day. I thought the point was to detect a live occupant, animal or otherwise.

And while we're talking about how KIA cheats features ...

The rear passenger seat sensor isn't a sensor at all. All it does is detect whether the rear doors opened on a given trip. For work, I put my bag in the back seat for easy access. So I get that stupid message EVERY day. I thought the point was to detect a live occupant, animal or otherwise.
Sorry SHCS, but I think you're wrong there. I put shopping in on the left rear seat every time I go out, because the wife is usually in the passenger seat, and the right rear door is a bit close to the garage wall when we get home to get stuff out. However, it never indicates an occupant in that seat - unless the load is heavy enough to trigger the pressure sensor - which I suspect you'll find is how yours also works..? Your bag is clearly heavy enough..? 馃

1 - 20 of 28 Posts