Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2021 SX Turbo, Neptune Blue
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Northeast, US, so it just now started getting rather warm. Like 80-90 and humid.
I have the SX Turbo, and the A/C just seems to make it just barely comfortable enough at full blast/coolest setting.

All my others vehicles, I was never able to tolerate full A/C except when I first got in the car on a reality hot day. I’m actually not even a big time A/C person, but it just doesn’t seem quite right. Before I waste a day or more with the dealer, I was curious about other peoples assessment of the A/C?

Thanks for any input…

·
143 Posts
I live in the Northeast, US, so it just now started getting rather warm. Like 80-90 and humid.
I have the SX Turbo, and the A/C just seems to make it just barely comfortable enough at full blast/coolest setting.

All my others vehicles, I was never able to tolerate full A/C except when I first got in the car on a reality hot day. I’m actually not even a big time A/C person, but it just doesn’t seem quite right. Before I waste a day or more with the dealer, I was curious about other peoples assessment of the A/C?

Thanks for any input…
Summer temperatures already hitting 100 degrees in CA. The A/C does alright by me. Although I prefer the heat, it is probably different for you considering the humidity.

·
25 Posts
Humidity might be the kicker? I live in a place with pretty dry heat and have had a week or so of 30-32 degrees Celsius (86-90?) - the AC along with the ventilated seats work pretty good. But definitely not the strongest AC I’ve had. Side note that the heater had no issues whatsoever in -30 to -40c weather.

·
133 Posts
Here in Canada we had a software update for the climate control system a month or so ago.I don't know what it's purpose was but it may have had something to do with the AC.

·
36 Posts

Thanks for any input…
Had my 2021SX turbo for a year now and seems to work fine, I have to dial it up after a short while cause it get too cold for me.. And here in northeast it gets hot and humid in the summer...

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm….well i’s definitely not as cold as when I had an Escape 5 years ago, or even close to my GFs 2017 Hyundai Tucson. I cannot think of why it would be much different than those vehicles. I will probably just have to go in to my dealer to have it checked :cautious:

·
9 Posts

Thanks for any input…
I also live in the Northeast. I am starting my second summer with my SX and I find that I need to keep the Auto temperature set a degree or two cooler than I would have in my prior car. But, other than that, it seems to work okay.

·
2 Posts
Here in Canada we had a software update for the climate control system a month or so ago.I don't know what it's purpose was but it may have had something to do with the AC.
Funny you should mention that.
I picked up my SX on Saturday, when it was 30+c all day, and I found the AC to be lacking. The dealer had not updated the head unit to the latest version.
I installed the April update on Sunday, and have found the AC to be better.
I'm not sure if the update you are talking about is the same as what I did, or if I'm just not used to the car's AC, but it has seemed more effective after the software update.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also live in the Northeast. I am starting my second summer with my SX and I find that I need to keep the Auto temperature set a degree or two cooler than I would have in my prior car. But, other than that, it seems to work okay.
I have mine set on the lowest temperature possible- which reads LO, the entire time I am driving just to be comfortable. Mind you I am very heat tolerant, and usually just run the defrost on my vehicles to get the humidity out during the summer.

I mean I can deal with it, so I might just wait until I need to go in for service again- which will be awhile. I just hate wasting my day in that place!

·
133 Posts
Funny you should mention that.
I picked up my SX on Saturday, when it was 30+c all day, and I found the AC to be lacking. The dealer had not updated the head unit to the latest version.
I installed the April update on Sunday, and have found the AC to be better.
I'm not sure if the update you are talking about is the same as what I did, or if I'm just not used to the car's AC, but it has seemed more effective after the software update.
My update was not for the head unit but for the climate control system itself.

·
25 Posts

Thanks for any input…
I live in Florida. Hot and humid. My AC seems to be OK and I like it cold. Have the dealer check it out to be sure

·
88 Posts

Thanks for any input…
Have you had the dealer check it?

·
Premium Member
2021 Seltos SX Starbright Yellow
21 Posts

Thanks for any input…
Same here. '21 Seltos SX Turbo, and not impressed with A/C at all. I'm in Midwest, where we're now into steamy and humid 90 degree days. The A/C, even on high with knob set to lowest temp just doesn't make me comfortable. Like you, most of my other cars I've had to back it off not to freeze! (Even my Saab convertible with top up will freeze you out of the car if A/C is set on high!)

·
1 Posts

Thanks for any input…
I live in Ohio and have been experiencing your 80's and it works just fine. I have to turn it down after awhile. I have a S turbo

·
143 Posts
I live in Ohio and have been experiencing your 80's and it works just fine. I have to turn it down after awhile. I have a S turbo
I would also agree. There are times even at 72 degrees it is too cold. Al things considered, perhaps the dealer needs to check it out.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everyone for your input! Bottom line, it‘s enough to keep me at least comfortable when maxed out, so I’m not likely to make a special trip to my dealer. I will probably just have them check it next time I have service like I said before.

In the meantime, if I happen to be in the area with some extra time- I will probably just ask to test drive a comparable SX on the lot to compare :)

·
21 Seltos S FWD
1 Posts

Thanks for any input…
I'm in central Texas where the temp is 95 and the humidity is over 50%. Real feel temp is around 105. In these conditions the ac is great. I can have it full blast for about 10 minutes before having to turn it down as it gets too cold. The real issue I have with a/c is that it's too loud.

·
107 Posts
99 degrees yesterday in CO but I stayed nice and cool. I’m not gonna give it credit comparative to something like a GM vehicle, but I have nothing to complain about here.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm in central Texas where the temp is 95 and the humidity is over 50%. Real feel temp is around 105. In these conditions the ac is great. I can have it full blast for about 10 minutes before having to turn it down as it gets too cold. The real issue I have with a/c is that it's too loud.
99 degrees yesterday in CO but I stayed nice and cool. I’m not gonna give it credit comparative to something like a GM vehicle, but I have nothing to complain about here.
Ummm yeah. Mine is definitely nothing like any of that. Something is surely off!

·
36 Posts
Ummm yeah. Mine is definitely nothing like any of that. Something is surely off!
Ya somethings not right. I have the SX turbo. I'm in New England and we just got over a heat wave. Car was always hot when I got in, but have to turn the temp up after 15 mins on way home, cause I get too cold... keeps car cool at a lower setting, rest of the 30 min ride...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts