Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Lunar Orange SX. We’ve had Xpel on our last couple of cars and trying to decide if we should have it on the Seltos. Looking for insight as to how prone the car is to rock chips and how strong the paint is. I know it depends a lot on driving conditions.
Also if anyone has had PPF installed especially on this color how did it turn out? Is it noticeable and can you see the seam if partial hood.
It’s pretty expensive and trying to decide if it’s worth it. I do take care of my cars and plan to keep this for 10+ years if it treats me well. This is my first Kia after years of VAG ownership.

·
30 Posts
Hyundais and Kias aren't known for thier paint durability. The quality and depth aren't there. I see some cars a couple of years old with paint coming off in chunks. Do what you feel you must to protect the finish.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up getting Xpel done, 24” hood and fenders, bumper, all front lights, mirrors, A-Pillars, roofline, door cups and the shiny black strips under the doors on the SX. Have been doing it for the last few cars with good results so I thought might as well.
24” actually covers most of the hood since it’s fairly short.

The detailer I use, who is highly regarded and does a lot of work on high end cars, inspected the paint thoroughly and said he was actually very impressed with the quality. He even said that adding ceramic coating wasn’t necessary and it should hold up well if properly looked after. He’s always been honest with me and didn’t say the same about my wife’s VW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts