Kia Seltos Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos, 2.0 AWD
10 Posts
I have observed it stay off for up to a minute or so on multiple occasions personally. Are the parts involved in the wear and tear not covered by the 10year/100k powertrain warranty?

·
2007 Dodge Caliber
12 Posts
Depends on how often the vehicle stops and starts. At the end of the day the minimal amount of fuel you actually save isn't worth the added maintenance cost.

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ladies and gents, we are NOT trying to influence you to do the same that we did - that is, disable the ISG. I , and other members here, think that this feature is not for me (us) because it makes the starter, alternator, battery, and don’t forget the starter relay, work harder. Those parts are expensive to repair/replace.

·
2021 Kia Seltos, 2.0 AWD
10 Posts
Are there recorded failures on other kia models that have been out longer than the seltos? My last car, a base 2015 kia optima did not have this.

·
2022 Seltos EX, Cherry Black
7 Posts
Husband turned it off immediately when we drove the car home from the dealership on Sunday. I only experienced it in the test drive and it does take some getting used to as the car kind of tugs when you drive off. Even when I walk past a car at a stop sign and the engine is off it weirds me out, lol!

·
53 Posts
Disable it like the method I described earlier in this post.It's been working for me for months now.
Disable it like the method I described earlier in this post.It's been working for me for months now.
YES same here works like a charm... never have to worry about stopping and then quickly pulling out and find car is just starting up. Hated that feeling.

·
17 Posts
Cause it's a feature that is never needed and never should be.Complete nonsense.If you sit and idle at a stop it will only stay off for a short time.
typical Government nonsense... I swear there is a person in Washington whose sole purposes is to come up with stupid ideas....

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I deleted my reply because biden is watching our communications

·
2021 Kia Seltos LX, 2.0l CVT
18 Posts
The feature is poorly implemented. It should not be invoked by a momentary switch. Otherwise, it should at least default to "off".

The operation stinks, too. You get maybe a quarter second at a full stop before it kills the engine. That's not going to save you any fuel at a stop sign. It will put unnecessary wear on your starter, though. It's even worse when the car restarts when shifting from "Drive" to "Park" or "Reverse".

21 - 35 of 35 Posts