Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Decided to fit some matching alloys to my Aussie S model. Had the steels with 60 profile tyres. I was offered from the dealer a set of 17" with brand new never driven on 55 profile tyres for just $600 Aussie. The tyres were worth more than that alone. Was an amazing offer but I drove one with those and they are a bit more abrupt on our rubbish bush roads where I live. The thicker tyres were a bit less so.
Plus these match the colour of my Seltos. Driving home I was happy to feel it improved the rough hits even more with the lighter alloys. Yep they cost twice that of the new 17s they offered but seeing it next to one with the silver 17s on it after they were fitted at the dealer I was real happy.

·
5 Posts
nice! wider is better, how did it handle corners? I am waiting for risers then hopefully a larger overall rugged tire. Country roads and all gravel here.

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice! wider is better, how did it handle corners? I am waiting for risers then hopefully a larger overall rugged tire. Country roads and all gravel here.
Hi. They are the same width these ones as the original wheels. 6 1/2 inch width. So cornering is the same but am happy with it hitting the bad stuff on our roads less abruptly. I live in a country town where our roads are very neglected. Speaking of gravel roads which I drive a bit on here, I was surprised how lazy the traction control is! I read it was slow to respond from driving writers but didnt expect it to be as slow to kick in as it it. My previous car a Nissan it was split second activation, this feels like the wheels get 2 full revolutions before it wakes up. Nissan never had wheel spin ever with traction control on no matter how hard you floored it, this spins. Maybe the all wheel drive Seltos is different, mines 2 wheel drive.

·
5 Posts
I've got the AWD and it seems quick to adjust. When there is fresh gravel heaped on the roads, I switch to full time 4x4 on mine and then it feels like a mini version of my 4x4 Ram pickup and locks to the road, no shuffling on loose gravel at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts