Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite often when I stop the motor the radio stays on when I open the drivers door to exit the car and stays on until I restart the car and turn it off again.
Most time the radio goes off when I exit the vehicle, why not all the time?

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
Definitely sounds like something you should bring to the dealership’s attention.
That would be a warranty issue…could be a bad door sensor, but should turn off automatically after a minute or so as well. If it’s not doing that, there may be a software or setting issue.

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
Even though mine is working fine. I really Dispise this feature. Previous posts, I mentioned this on how I hated this annoying feature. Someone responded and told me it's like that on all the cars. I responded and I have Never owned a car where the radio plays until you open the door, so I listed all my previous cars, LOL. I don't see the point why the radio keeps playing when the car is off.

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
Both my Jeep Cherokee's did this as well...and pretty much any vehicle manufactured in the last 20 years has this feature. As with the Seltos, the power times out at a set interval (which can be adjusted in the menus) or when you open the door.
If you want to sit and listen to something for a minute or so without the car running, this is how you do it without having to engage the ACC position/setting.
I believe this is a solution to the fact that a lot of vehicles no longer use a physical key so when you turn it off, you don't have the option of travelling through the ACC setting as you turn the key. You would have to reinitialise the button.

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts
Both my Jeep Cherokee's did this as well...and pretty much any vehicle manufactured in the last 20 years has this feature. As with the Seltos, the power times out at a set interval (which can be adjusted in the menus) or when you open the door.
If you want to sit and listen to something for a minute or so without the car running, this is how you do it without having to engage the ACC position/setting.
I believe this is a solution to the fact that a lot of vehicles no longer use a physical key so when you turn it off, you don't have the option of travelling through the ACC setting as you turn the key. You would have to reinitialise the button.
Respectively disagree, the following past cars did not have this:
2000 Chrysler Concorde
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2007 Nissan Xterra
2009 BMW 328I
2013 Mazda CX-5
2015 Nissan Murano

2023 KIA Seltos SX
208 Posts
For me I actually like the feature. I have it intentionally turned on. My frustration is the opposite. Often I pickup the wife. So I'm waiting in the car A LOT. I don't always want the engine on while I'm sitting there. Furthermore, I'll often remain in the car a few minutes on returning home to catch the end of a news segment or a song.

My frustration is the opposite. If I recall the setting only allows for a maximum of 5 minutes before it turns the radio off. Turn on to accessory to continue listening and even then a few minutes later off the radio goes again. In any car I've ever owned I've had no problem running the radio on battery for an hour at a time. Why does the KIA bitch and moan after five minutes that the battery is draining? What do they have in there? A 9-volt?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts