Kia Seltos Forum banner

How many of you have had mice issues? Even if no damage.

• Never seen mice presents 馃巵

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2021 turbo and within the first couple weeks alone in the car I saw mice droppings inside the vehicle of the car on the floor mats!!! I live in a rural area and I鈥檓 used to my so I know to keep an eye out for him because one nest and a couple mice and your whole car will smell like mouse piss for YEARS!! After some random research and finding out that some of these new models have plastics made with soy bean and taste great to the mise and trying to locate the entry point. Hi finally found that although there is plastic grates on the inside engine bay by the windshield the mice still have a way into the fan under the dash. I found a mouse nest on the top of my cabin air filter!! So I riped that out cleaned it out as best as I could and left the glove compartment door air cabin door and filter all open. (Sorry for any typos im doing this via talk-text) so I set one of those reusable plastic mouse traps that you can just keep resetting and it did kill 2 to 3 mice and I didn鈥檛 get any more mice after that. So I decided to look into how the mice were getting in and I figured out that every time you shut the car off with the external then for the fan, if you shut it off with the vent closed the car will open the van 100% of the time every time no matter what. So I got upset at not being able to keep the door shut when the car is off so as to keep the mice out!! So I hit the close button when the car is running and disconnected the wire to the motor for that door so that when the car shuts off the motor never opens the door and also the door to the outside that always stays close now because I hated going into the city and smelling the stinky river is a nasty smells anyway because many of you probably noticed the car automatically opens the outside vent even if you tell it to close five times in a single 20 minute road trip. Like seriously wth! If I tell you to close the door leave the stupid door closed!!! But the door stays closed now because I unplugged the motor no mice get in I don鈥檛 have to smell the stinky smells of my car ride into work!! Problem solved right? So now it鈥檚 winter and every time I get into the car it fogs up inside on the glass. And I鈥檓 not talking just a little bit of a haze on the glass I鈥檓 talking enough to make a shaved ice cone 馃崸!! With the vent closed it can鈥檛 breathe when the car is off. Or when the car is running on the road, so I have to crack a window in freezing temps to vent my car. And no no amount of hot air defrost will keep up with the amount of condensation that comes from just one hothead as myself! So long story short do I allow mice into my car.. Or make frosty snowcones every morning? I think I鈥檓 gonna have to find a way to put more wire grating inside the engine bay vent...

I would try to deal the mice problem instead of the vent problem. Mice can damage the wire harness without ever gaining entry into the car. They can get under the hood of any car and eat away. Keeping them out of the inside won't prevent all the damage they do to cars. On a cold night, there's heat there for hours. I don't know how many times I've heard of mice chewing their way through wiring harnesses under the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts