Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone. Recently got an Seltos S and experienced rear rattle and knocking noises driving over bumps and road imperfections, even now and then breaking and accelerating.
Turned out to be these two things.
The minor one was the actual back hatch door. It doesnt seem to move when you try it by hand but did when driving. I just applied a few layers of good electrical tape on the hard plastic wedges on the door/hatch.
This below.

The other was the rear 40 section of the split 60/40 back seats. I suppose either side could do it but it was my smaller 40 section that was doing it. If you tried to move it by hand there was no sound, but again on the road it drove me mad. I got some good sticky 3M leather type adhesive, cleaned all the grease off of the catch area then stuck it on where the catch would contact. I feel the culprit my be the spring loaded bit inside the latch itself but either way it shut it up completely. No knock or rattles at all now.
Here is the latch catch area, you can see the stuff I put on it. Any good tape should do it really.

Hope this helps out anyone elses who may experience these noises.
If you do hear something just drop the seat forward one at a time, have a little drive to determine which one.
Cheers. :)

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THese kinds of posts are very helpful....thanks
Not a problem. I had a car several years ago that did simliar. It drove me crazy for about a year. It too was a seat catch. Thanks for the thanks. (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts