Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i bought a 2021 Kia Seltos AWD last May. I’m happy with it, except for the fact that the lever on the standard rear view mirror that toggles from day/night vision is almost impossible to operate with one hand. It’s far too rigid and I feel I’ll snap the mirror off of the windshield before I could adjust the mirror. Even using two hands is a challenge but toggling from day to night vision is something you’d do while driving.

my dealer says that’s a known defect and that all Seltos mirrors have that problem and refuses to address the problem. I don’t believe a word of what he’s saying.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

thx,
bob

·
5 Posts
I haven't approached the dealer but I did notice the extra effort needed to switch the mirror from day to night mode. I put it down to the plastic being really cold at the time. The other thing I noticed was the length of the 'throw' needed to make the change. My Kia Rondo wasn't nearly as stiff and it was an easy switch, pushing forward with my thumb and pulling back with my index finger. Didn't need to take my eyes of the road to make the change, either.

·
3 Posts
I haven't approached the dealer but I did notice the extra effort needed to switch the mirror from day to night mode. I put it down to the plastic being really cold at the time. The other thing I noticed was the length of the 'throw' needed to make the change. My Kia Rondo wasn't nearly as stiff and it was an easy switch, pushing forward with my thumb and pulling back with my index finger. Didn't need to take my eyes of the road to make the change, either.
I swapped out the one on my S model for the upgraded auto dimming one. It doesn’t look like the one in the ads or brochures but it works. It is OEM. No more flipping the stock one back and forth. Works great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts