Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the S model last week. I've noticed something strange with the Re-Circulated air button, it Times out. I like to use re-circulated air a lot to avoid, bad exhaust, smokers, skunk, etc. But to have it time out after 5 minutes? I'm wondering if this is a malfunction or a design mistake. If it's intentional, it's Ridiculous and stupid. First car ever to own since 1982 that I couldn't keep re-circ air on permanently.
Any one else notice this?

·
228 Posts
Have you set it on de-fog by any chance? That usually switches it to outside air because fresh air is required to de-fog.

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
200 Posts
have you thoroughly read your owners manual, as it usually will tell you how the climate system functions and what takes place on various settings and under what conditions some controls will automatically change.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read a good bit, but honestly I have to go over it again. So far some of my complaints is that I'm not familiar or knew how it operated. I must say that this car has a huge learning curve, so many high tech features.

·
10 Posts
I read a good bit, but honestly I have to go over it again. So far some of my complaints is that I'm not familiar or knew how it operated. I must say that this car has a huge learning curve, so many high tech features.
It’s under the climate settings. It changes from recirculate to outside air after a time. Something about humidity.

·
3 Posts
Did any of you manage to resolve the above issue? I'm facing the same obstacle.
Kindly assist, Thanks

·
3 Posts
Just purchased the S model last week. I've noticed something strange with the Re-Circulated air button, it Times out. I like to use re-circulated air a lot to avoid, bad exhaust, smokers, skunk, etc. But to have it time out after 5 minutes? I'm wondering if this is a malfunction or a design mistake. If it's intentional, it's Ridiculous and stupid. First car ever to own since 1982 that I couldn't keep re-circ air on permanently.
Any one else notice this?
Did any of you manage to resolve the above issue? I'm facing the same obstacle.
Kindly assist, Thanks

·
57 Posts
Did you manage to resolve the above issue? I'm facing the same obstacle.
Kindly assist, Thanks
I read through the owner's manual. Seems like it is a setting within the A/C controls. It is to limit humidity and reduce risk of drowsiness due to stale air! I'll check the actual settings tomorrow.

·
1 Posts
Hold down the front defrost button for 3 seconds to turn the ADS (Auto Defogging System) off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts