Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos S Awd 1.6 turbo
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im looking to get some cross bars for my Seltos...has anyone purchased these and where from? Im looking for some that look great and dont stick out on the sides...so i can keep the round body line look! Any info or recommendation would be nice..or pics! Thanks have a blessed day

·
2021 Kia Seltos S Model - Mars orange
25 Posts
Hey im looking to get some cross bars for my Seltos...has anyone purchased these and where from? Im looking for some that look great and dont stick out on the sides...so i can keep the round body line look! Any info or recommendation would be nice..or pics! Thanks have a blessed day
I just installed the Factory ones yesterday, since the dealership failed to install them with my purchase (was included with the car). Took me about 1 hour to install, only because I never messed with them before.

They don’t make any wind noise since they are aerodynamic & I am going to install an led light when it arrives in the next few days.

I’ll post some pics below

·
2021 Kia Seltos S Model - Mars orange
25 Posts
Just bought these today. Let's see what happens....
A bit of advise that I didn’t see on the instructions: you’ll come to a point to where you have to “push a button” in order to expand the links of the crossbars, The button is actually the screw and before you can push it in, you have to unscrew it about halfway out with the Allen wrench provided. You’ll end up doing this on all four ends to make it even. The trick is have the other end and already screwed down (mounted temporarily) while you pull on the other side to expand the length and vice versa.

Another issue, it states that one crossbar #1 is longer than the other and that is the one that goes in the front of the car, but if you measure them they’re exactly the same. The actual crossbars are labeled #1 & #2. It’s not obvious to find but you can find it written on the far right side underneath the crossbars (close to edge, inside the little square area). The problem is it’s black raised print, on top of black plastic.

Last advise: it is difficult to pry out the little circles from your existing roof rails where they mount too. Make sure you use painters tape or something right over where you’ll be prying up to protect the area, because you will scratch & ding it. They suggest you use 2 screwdrivers, but I found it easier to use jewelers screwdriver on one side and pry it up, then slide a coin (Quarter) on that side & While holding the quarter jammed in there start using the screwdriver to pop up the other side, this caused the least damage.

Hope this information helps, if you have any questions let me know.

Blake

·
2021 sx turbo
6 Posts
A bit of advise that I didn’t see on the instructions: you’ll come to a point to where you have to “push a button” in order to expand the links of the crossbars, The button is actually the screw and before you can push it in, you have to unscrew it about halfway out with the Allen wrench provided. You’ll end up doing this on all four ends to make it even. The trick is have the other end and already screwed down (mounted temporarily) while you pull on the other side to expand the length and vice versa.

Another issue, it states that one crossbar #1 is longer than the other and that is the one that goes in the front of the car, but if you measure them they’re exactly the same. The actual crossbars are labeled #1 & #2. It’s not obvious to find but you can find it written on the far right side underneath the crossbars (close to edge, inside the little square area). The problem is it’s black raised print, on top of black plastic.

Last advise: it is difficult to pry out the little circles from your existing roof rails where they mount too. Make sure you use painters tape or something right over where you’ll be prying up to protect the area, because you will scratch & ding it. They suggest you use 2 screwdrivers, but I found it easier to use jewelers screwdriver on one side and pry it up, then slide a coin (Quarter) on that side & While holding the quarter jammed in there start using the screwdriver to pop up the other side, this caused the least damage.

Hope this information helps, if you have any questions let me know.

Blake
Thank you so much!! I will report back in a few weeks when they come in and I have time to install

My seltos is a lease so I def don't want to damage the paint, etc.

Thanks again!

·
3 Posts
Dealer only at this time. I was quoted $500.00 ouch!!!!

·
119 Posts
Installed the cross bars this weekend. Factory parts that were in stock. Likely an option that people aren't having installed at dealer? Very easy to install - agree that the length seems to be the same & the "release button" was tricky at first. All in all look great and no noticeable road noise.

Either way here are a few photos. Next step will be cargo rack and awning.

IMG_4939.JPG IMG_4940.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts