Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used or thought of using a roof top tent on their Seltos? I understand that the capacity of the stock roof rails is very low but to my understanding they weight ratings are for load weight while moving, so adding 300ish lbs for 2 people while parked shouldn't be a huge issue. My only real concern is being able to connect the roof top tent to crossbars. I don't think there are many options available besides the KIA OEM cross bars but I wont be spending $600 on those. I would much rather remove the stock roof rails and make something custom out of tube steel like I did for my 2015 Cherokee.

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, another Ex-Cherokee owner? nice...

As for a roof-top tent on the Seltos? I would say...not a good idea, it would buckle the roof...you'd be way better off doing something like this:
SportZ Dome SUV tent
View attachment 1469
I really don't like those things lol. I do however like to push the limits of things a bit so I might do it anyways lol. I think it all really depends on the mounting locations of the stock roof rails and how much I can spread out the weight of a custom set.

Your name does look familiar. We're you on the jeep Cherokee club? You had a mango TH right?

·
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
196 Posts
I really don't like those things lol. I do however like to push the limits of things a bit so I might do it anyways lol. I think it all really depends on the mounting locations of the stock roof rails and how much I can spread out the weight of a custom set.

Your name does look familiar. We're you on the jeep Cherokee club? You had a mango TH right?
Red TH, what was your handle on the Cherokee forum? Did you ever incur the wrath of Tyler? (LOL only Cherokee club members would get that one)

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red TH, what was your handle on the Cherokee forum? Did you ever incur the wrath of Tyler? (LOL only Cherokee club members would get that one)
View attachment 1471
That photo must be shopped lol. I was AGP. I left in late 2016 after I traded my Cherokee for a 16' wrangler, sounds like I missed out on some entertainment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts