Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canada - Seltos 2021 EX Premium

Hi ... help

No wireless ApplePlay. It was promised to eventually have wireless car play but seems to be forgotten.

Also, the EX Premium has No digital speed in large numbers like the EX and other models?

Anyone know more?

Love the car except for these 3 issues PLUS

The back hatch has 3 rust spots within 3 or 6 months of owning it. Its a big run around to get it fixed at Kia? Help

Thanks,
Steve

2023 EX
77 Posts

Hi ... help

No wireless ApplePlay. It was promised to eventually have wireless car play but seems to be forgotten.

Also, the EX Premium has No digital speed in large numbers like the EX and other models?

Anyone know more?

The back hatch has 3 rust spots within 3 or 6 months of owning it. Its a big run around to get it fixed at Kia? Help

Thanks,
Steve
As for the wireless Apple CarPlay, you can purchase a dongle. Below is an article which reviews them.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
290 Posts
Thanks for that from me also. I think I'll order one now. The article convinced me. Of course this is going to put a bit of pressure on me to update my iPhone so I can use the wireless charge pad...sigh...
PS. I should have said, I'm getting the Carlinkit 3, as it is exclusively for CarPlay, and Apple stuff is all I use.

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
503 Posts
Thanks for that from me also. I think I'll order one now. The article convinced me. Of course this is going to put a bit of pressure on me to update my iPhone so I can use the wireless charge pad...sigh...
PS. I should have said, I'm getting the Carlinkit 3, as it is exclusively for CarPlay, and Apple stuff is all I use.
Good choice, I love my Carlinkit 3.0...sometimes it is a little slow to pick up the phone and there has been the odd occasion I've had to do a hard reset (unplug, plug back in), but for the most part it has performed exceptionally well. The USB interface is "always on", but the current draw of the Carlinkit is very minimal...you would have to leave your car sitting unattended for many, many months to put any kind of dent in the battery.

· Super Moderator
503 Posts

Hi ... help

Anyone know more?

Thanks,
Steve
I'm assuming you bought used as it's a 2021?

Apple CarPlay wireless - not available on the large screen (as you already heard) - The Carlinkit is fantastic for the Apple devices. SHCS has been experimenting with Android compatible boxes, there are a few threads on the forum.

There should be a digital speed available in the centre cluster screen, but you would have to ensure your display options have it checked off in order to use it...or you may not be scrolling through the menus far enough. My SX has the heads up so I've never really looked through the menus at that one. EDIT: just noticed there is a small readout by the speedo that you should have…not enough?

As for the rust spots, which province are you living in? I've seen vehicles completely rusted out after 3 years in ON or the ATL region...some pretty harsh environments there for ANY vehicle.

290 Posts
I thought they'd given up on salting roads for black ice because of that..? That's a well-known cause of premature rusting. Shouldn't really happen these days with the factory anti-rust treatment under the paint. Unless the surface gets chipped, of course. ? Possible cause here..?

· Super Moderator
503 Posts
I thought they'd given up on salting roads for black ice because of that..? That's a well-known cause of premature rusting. Shouldn't really happen these days with the factory anti-rust treatment under the paint. Unless the surface gets chipped, of course. ? Possible cause here..?
Ontario and the Maritimes use a lot of salt and fertilizer…it absolutely eats cars…provinces in that snow belt (they get a lot) have oil bath programs where you take your vehicle at least once a year and they spray all the cracks and crevices, it’s nasty out there. I don’t think Quebec is as bad, but I could be wrong…
Here in Saskatchewan, we don’t get near the corrosive stuff on our roads (sand mostly), and we don’t get all the freeze/thaw cycles they get out there. When we get cold…we kind of stay cold…until March…

290 Posts
'nuff said eh..? Maybe this issue makes my response to SHCS re car paint protection here Sharing Car Washing and Detailing Tips and Tricks even more relevant..?

Hey Speed, seeing you're a super moderator on here...how does one add one's car model with a pic to one's profile..? I couldn't find a way to do that inside my profile, but others have, so what am I missing..?
Oh, wait - I think I found it by going into FAQs - shoulda thought of that. :D

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
t noticed there is a small reado
Thanks and I did just order the carlink 3, thanks everyone for that recommendaion.

As for the speed, yes very tiny and the plain EX does have large speedometer but the EX Premium does not, I get to see the fuel economy or compass, wow ;p

The rust is covered under warranty just thought one summer is not enough to justify rust, which only appears on the back hatch.

Thanks again,
Steve

· Super Moderator
503 Posts
Thanks and I did just order the carlink 3, thanks everyone for that recommendaion.

As for the speed, yes very tiny and the plain EX does have large speedometer but the EX Premium does not, I get to see the fuel economy or compass, wow ;p

The rust is covered under warranty just thought one summer is not enough to justify rust, which only appears on the back hatch.

Thanks again,
Steve
Back hatch is where a lot of crap tends to accumulate in the car's wake. I always make it a habit (even here in SK) to always take the low pressure spray at the car wash and spray off the bottoms of the door jambs and wipe down the back hatch areas. Any crevice or crack that stuff can accumulate will inevitably lead to corrosion.
If you live out West, odds are your used vehicle came from out East somewhere...

290 Posts

Thanks again,
Steve
Steve, most people prefer a large analogue speedo anyway. Digital jumps around too much, and you have that, clearly, with just a small digital readout next to it. In the top models that’s all we have, although the digital readout is in the head up display.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts