Kia Seltos Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
7 Posts
What I did to insure that I would put the holes in the right place was to first put the holders on with double sided heavy duty removable stick tape. I measured identical placement measures for both sides even before sticking the double sided tape on the cargo area walls. I put the tape on first and then stuck the holders to the places I measured they belonged. I tried out the holder and made adjustments as necessary I then used permanent marker to outline the holders on the tape when the holders were in the perfect position and filled in the hole positions with magic marker. I drilled, took the double sided tape off the walls, used goof-off to remove residue, placed the holders on with screws and was good to go.

I'm sure you have figured out there are no cargo cover holder brackets in any of the Seltos models and the SX comes with a cover and has a actual inside moulding to hold the cover. For any other Seltos model, it is strictly a do it yourself job because the eBay cover model does not even come with a template for placement of the cover holders or fasteners!

·
5 Posts
So glad that you raise this. I will now follow this posting. I too was looking to purchase the same item within the first day of getting my vehicle when I realized it didn’t come with it. Hoping that there is someway to MacGyver a rear cargo cover and that one is made by someone sooner rather than later. It is a great vehicle but it seems to me that this item even if you have to purchase it separately is a necessity not a frivolous extra.
I recal some have bought on line here in Australia. I dislike the hard cover, GT line. I have had Subaru before and they are soft retract and you can store them away. Some folk here have removed the hard one as they dont want it!!!!

·
7 Posts
I recal some have bought on line here in Australia. I dislike the hard cover, GT line. I have had Subaru before and they are soft retract and you can store them away. Some folk here have removed the hard one as they dont want it!!!!
I bet that if you do remove the hard-shell cargo cover in either the SX model or GT model and go to replace the cover with a soft retractable model, you will have to drill the holes for the four pieces needed to make the retractable cover work. However, if it is possible to mount the retractable cover in the right position, you would then be able to have your choice of hard or soft cover depending on your needs. The good thing is in the SX model there is a place to store the hard-shell cargo cover when it is not on top of the cargo area. I cannot tell you if that is true of the GT as I have not physically seen it, but I would think the GT also has a storage place if the cargo cover is standard equipment.

·
25 Posts
Yes, you get it with the SX. It has supports molded into the side panels. Other trims do not have those integrated supports so you couldn't just buy the rigid cargo cover and lay it in.
He's asking about a retractable cargo cover, not the shelf that comes with the sx

·
7 Posts
As I said in a previous post, "So, happy with my EX, here is how I have taken care of my no cargo cover problem with this Seltos Cargo Cover retractable cover on eBay." There currently is no retractable Seltos cover that is a KIA accessory. If you are interested in how I installed the retractable cover, please read my previous posts in this string of exchanges.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts