Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
There are three loud annoying beeps each time engine starts.
Does anyone know if there's a way to cancel them or at least reduce the volume?
I couldn't find anything in the manual...

Thanks,
Felix

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to the dealer. The dealer's representative says it's impossible to cancel these alerts. Is there anyone else who suffers from this? :)

·
152 Posts
Yes, you are right!
Thank you Chappy.
Still it's a pity it cannot be disabled...
I wonder what country are you from? Here in the USA, all vehicles do that. That’s the fasten your seat belt reminder!

·
117 Posts
Hi All,
There are three loud annoying beeps each time engine starts.
Does anyone know if there's a way to cancel them or at least reduce the volume?
I couldn't find anything in the manual...

Thanks,
Felix
one of the dings is the "welcome" when the ignition is turned on. It can be controlled thru the "settings" app or the "vehicle" app (I think)

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder what country are you from? Here in the USA, all vehicles do that. That’s the fasten your seat belt reminder!
Hey, I'm from Israel. Here vast majority of the vehicles intended for the EU market. The Seltos is different, it's the US version. So according to your comment I understand that it's part of US standard.

In my previous cars the fasten seat belt alarm was beeping only when the car reached some speed, which make sense to me. At least Kia has to add an option to disable (or to adjust the volume) this alarm in the menu, but they didn't.

·
152 Posts
Hey, I'm from Israel. Here vast majority of the vehicles intended for the EU market. The Seltos is different, it's the US version. So according to your comment I understand that it's part of US standard.

In my previous cars the fasten seat belt alarm was beeping only when the car reached some speed, which make sense to me. At least Kia has to add an option to disable (or to adjust the volume) this alarm in the menu, but they didn't.
I see. Why is a US version being marketed in Israel? Or did you buy in in the USA and have it shipped to Israel?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see. Why is a US version being marketed in Israel? Or did you buy in in the USA and have it shipped to Israel?
A couple of years ago Israeli Transportation ministry has decided to allow officially marketing of US version of cars along with EU versions. Which is cool! The variety of car models in the market has increased.
The problem is that it has nothing to do with the prices, which are almost as twice as expensive as in US due to very high import taxes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts